It takes a nation to protect the nation
Apologies to any site whose copyright we have violated. Over time, vital documents get lost because it becomes impossible to find them due to address changes or being buried; or they can be removed or archived. Therefore, we take copies of vital documents, for the benefit of future researchers.
All members can create new forums (but not new blogs) and make comments on walls. Content should preferably be added to one of the Victim Rooms (below), or the Method Rooms (above), and tagged with the Z-code ('Z' plus country name e.g. "Zuk").
Rooms marked [Content Advisory] contain raw images, so please consider your surroundings when entering.
To get email updates on a discussion just comment on it, or click 'Follow' at the bottom.
Private rooms are not viewable by the public.
If you've just joined, it can be a bit difficult to make everything work the way you want, so here are some helpful hints.
1. Is there a version for Iphone or other mobile phones?
There's a mobile phone version at //4freedoms.com/m
2. How do I turn on/off the emails about Forum postings?
Go to the Rooms you are a member of. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the link "Notify – E-mail me when there are new discussions"
3. How do I change my avatar (the image that identifies me)?
If you want to change your name or icon/avatar image, go to My Settings, in the upper right hand box. Its best if you first create the image you want as a square, 171 x 171 pixels big, then it won't get truncated and will appear nicely.
4. How do I create clickable links (to webpages)?
You can convert your text link to a dynamic link by:
(1) copy the URL text from your chosen website
(2) select any bit of text in your posting - or just put "click here" and select the 'here'
(3) click on the little chain-link icon next to the S symbol
(4) paste your URL text and hit enter You now have a clickable link in your comment :-) This technique is very powerful. You can not only paste a website, you can link to any page within that website. You can also link to pages within Nemosini, so you can link to documents in any room.
5. How Do I Embed one of your Videos in my Forum?
To get the link to the video, just click on the arrow in the bottom right corner of the Youtube tv box, and a menu will pop up. Click on that 'subsectioned' diagram and it will shrink the video and give you the embed link and URL. Then just click on either of those & they are automatically copied to your clipboard. There's another way you can do it ass well. Just double click on any Youtube video and it opens up the proper youtube website. Then you can grab the embed info or whatever you want.
7. Should I use foreign languages?
Yes please do! We encourage everyone to write in their mother tongue, as that is quicker, easier, more enjoyable and encourages growth of their community. There is a discussion here.
8. How do I do Searches?
You are dependent on the search tags the writer puts on each forum or blog, so please try to attach useful search tags to your entries. The search facility on Ning is very poor so you can use Tagging tricks to make it better.
So now when you try formulate a search, here are some more tips:
Please make your contributions in forums/discussions or on the wall in a relevant room. Personal blog posting is currently disabled. We did this because with potentially over 800 individual blogs, and with no subject category or geographical region to guide members, it would be almost impossible to find an important discussion for future reference.
10. How do I tell other members about myself?
Go to MyPage, click on the text box titled "My latest announcement is", and type in some info about yourself that you want to share with others. For example, you could tell them about your current projects and ask for help.
11. Should I 'embed' videos, or post links to them?
Whenever possible, please embed videos and not post links. There are four reasons.
(a) if you embed, the member can get an idea of whether he wants to watch it or not
(b) when re-browsing the blog, he can remember what the video is about by the photo and the caption
(c) there's a rule for websites, once somebody is on your site, don't send them off it, they may never come back!
(d) you will encourage our other members to follow this good practice.