The 4 Freedoms Library

It takes a nation to protect the nation

The writing is on the wall.  Buddhism will face further and further restriction in Malaysia.  Islam is supremacism, and like The Terminator it cannot stop trying to fulfill its mission.  It has to be stopped.  Where is Sarah Connor?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/05/26/malaysia-s-kelantan-d...

Malaysia’s Kelantan demands Islamic designs in Buddhist building

A controversy is brewing over the proposal for the construction of a Buddhist building here after the PAS-led state government ruled that new buildings should include Islamic designs to reflect the state capital’s status as an Islamic city.

State Local Government, Culture, Arts and Tourism committee chairman Takiyuddin Hassan said developers must incorporate some Islamic elements in their plans or the proposals would be rejected.

“We will ensure development will be based on Islamic principles and features,” he told a press conference here.

He claimed the ruling was well-accepted by the majority of developers, including non-Muslim developers.

“I do not see it as an issue or something that could cause religious tension, as it only involves architecture and design,” he said.

“They have accepted the new ruling well.”

Takiyuddin was commenting on an appeal by the Kelantan Buddhist Association for the state government to approve its building, to be constructed with Chinese features at Jl. Sultan Zainal Abidin here.

It is understood that the association had been told that its building design should have dome-shaped motifs, which have created a controversy in the Chinese media.

In an immediate reaction, Kota Baru MCA division chief Tan Ken Ten slammed the directive, which he said was an infringement of the rights of non-Muslims in the state.

“The ruling is an extreme attempt to impose one’s beliefs into other people’s culture or religious beliefs,” Tan said.

“The PAS government must be mindful that Malaysia is a multi-cultural and multi-religious society that respects the differences of each community. It should appreciate this diversity which makes this country unique,” Tan added.

State MCA Youth chief Gan Han Chuan said the Kelantan government was showing disrespect towards the non-Muslims with its new policy.

“With the new directive, PAS is trying to create discord by destroying the harmonious relations between the communities that had been built by the Barisan Nasional over the years,” he added.

“One can only wonder what type of archaic policies PAS will introduce if Pakatan Rakyat manages to take over the Federal Government,” Gan said.

Views: 593

Replies to This Discussion

Brother Mark, that's a good point.  It would be helpful if we could all try to provide URLs for our information.  And if something is not on the net, then perhaps a good old-fashioned citation (book author, title, year of publication, and page number).  I know it is the school-marm in me, but I like to know where things have come from,  I was waiting for someone else to up the stakes on pedantry, before I could speak out :) .  One of our members was known and respected for his pedantry, but he is busy with other things at the moment.

Also Shiva, can you try to make it clear when you are quoting and when it is your own view?  I know if you provide the URL I could go off and look myself, but it is easier (for me, anyway!) if you mark the quotes yourself.  I'm not suggesting you go back through any old posts and do this, just a request that you bear it in mind. I know for me the Ning quoting mechanism can be a bit fiddly, so if you find it doesn't work well for you, for me it would be fine just to start the quoted text with speech marks.

Shiva, I know it may be that most of the stats you cite were just noted yourself over several years.  There are times when I have a view on something that I read or was told by someone else, and I don't hesitate to share that view, even if I can't back it up.  But if I remember where I read it, then I try to include that information.  The important thing is to get the view shared, and then subsequently one (or others) can add substantiating references.  We aren't a court of law, but we should aim to make as much as possible verifiable.

Brother Mark said:

Hi Shiva!

Thanks for the stats.

Can you supply any source information for these statistics so that I may perhaps use some of this in a future article?

That would be very helpful for me.

Thank You!

Brother Mark:)

Yo Mark

The list has been around since 2006. Figures in this list are merely estimates, so please take it as a guide only, or use it as a stepping stone.Some of the info is easy to find, such as the Banks and Petronas, where as about the Indonesian immigrants you have to check various sources.

So out of interest I tried to find out if there is any truth in the claim that 3,000,000 Indos have become citizens. I have to admit I cannot find any direct source. So lets start here and put some dots together.

According to the 2001 Malaysian census, there were 1.38 million foreign born in the country, more than half of them from Indonesia.

However, the scale of recent permanent settlement of Indonesians in Malaysia is not known. Significant numbers of unskilled labor migrants settle permanently in Malaysia, but many do not become legal residents as permanent settlement of unskilled Indonesians is opposed.

The tendency for migrant workers to become permanent or long-term residents has been particularly marked in East Malaysia. The population of the state of Sabah has soared from 697,000 in 1979 to almost 3 million in 2004, and migration from Indonesia and the Philippines) has played a major role in this growth. There are an estimated 100,000 irregular migrants in Sabah and 138,000 in the West Malaysia state of Selangor, the majority of whom are Indonesians.

Source

Okay, lets have a look at Sabah

The population of Sabah is 3,117,405 as of the last census 2010[31] and is the third most populous state in Malaysia after Selangor and Johor. Sabah has one of the highest population growth rates in the country as a result of illegal immigration from the Muslim-dominated southern provinces of Philippines.

There are quite a few ethnic groups, the second smallest being Malays at 5.71%.

The largest non-bumiputra ethnic group is the Chinese 13.2%

The largest Non-Malaysian citizens (Filipino, Indonesian): 27.81%. The Filipino comprise of Moro, Tausug, Suluk, Bajau and Iranun, all are muslim.

Malay language is the national language spoken across ethnicities

Source

Finally I find this little goodie

Project IC is the name used in Malaysia to describe the allegation of systematic granting of citizenship to immigrants (whether illegal or legal immigrants) by giving them identity documents known as IC (identity card), and subsequently, MyKad. The alleged practice is centered in the state of Sabah in East Malaysia.

The term is used mainly by the media as well as other political commentators and the general public. Another term used is Project M,[1] where "M" stood for Mahathir Mohamad, the former prime minister of Malaysia due to his being allegedly involved in the spearheading of this project. The alleged object of Project IC is to alter the demographic pattern of Sabah to make it more favorable to the ruling government and certain political parties, especially with regards to changing the electoral voting patterns.

Sabah together with Sarawak, Singapore, and Malaya together formed the federation of Malaysia on September 16, 1963. Sabah was multiracial state with no clear majority race, but with the Kadazandusun (Christians) as the largest ethnic group. Unlike other states in Peninsular Malaysia, the majority of natives or bumiputras in Sabah are non-Muslims. In 1960, the state comprised

32% Kadazandusuns,
23% Chinese,
15.8% Other Muslims,
13.1% Bajaus,
5.5% Indonesians
4.9% Muruts,
1.6% Filipinos and
0.4% Malays.

In 2006, the estimated ethnic composition of Sabah are as follows:

25% Non-citizens,(Muslim)
17.76% Kadazandusuns,
14.62% Other Bumiputras,
13.4% Bajaus,
11.48% Malays,
9.6% Chinese,
4.8% Others,
3.3% Muruts.

More

Joe said:

Shiva, I know it may be that most of the stats you cite were just noted yourself over several years.  There are times when I have a view on something that I read or was told by someone else, and I don't hesitate to share that view, even if I can't back it up.  But if I remember where I read it, then I try to include that information.  The important thing is to get the view shared, and then subsequently one (or others) can add substantiating references.  We aren't a court of law, but we should aim to make as much as possible verifiable.

Yo

Point taken.

The list was taken from some Malaysian blog, but can also be found here

I slung it up, because it matches well will what I have observed over the years, also I put it up so as Mark could throw some light on some of the points on the list seeing that he lives in Malaysia.

There are about 40 points, and to give a link to all of them, that is beyond even me. I think Mark should take any one of them points and do a google, just like I did in the above post, this is the way to learn. I did not know about Sabah and Project IC until I done my own research.

So the list is very useful as a starting point, and linking back to the source we are none the wiser

I am sorry about not giving linx, because I am used to doing my own research, and it does not bother me if a post doesn't have a link, because I rather copy and paste a few lines of the post and then google, this is much better as it normally brings me to the source plus many other sites which may have better info.

Here is an example, copy and paste this into the google search and see what you get

Speaking to FMT later, Ezra said: “I can’t say much at this moment. Let’s follow rule of law, everything will take it’s due course. It is disappointing but we will take action as and when necessary. We will consider legal action as well. I’m on the way to Shah Alam right now.

Ho Ho, Maybe good enough to start a new thread.

Any-way Joe, I will try and not be so lazy in the future

Yo

Just taken a look at the directors of some largest banks

Public Bank Berhad

Tan Sri Dato' Sri Dr. Teh Hong Piow (Non-executive Chairman)
Tan Sri Dato' Sri Utama Thong Yaw Hong (Independent Non-executive Co-Chairman)
Tan Sri Dato' Sri Tay Ah Lek (Managing Director)
Dato' Sri Lee Kong Lam (Executive Director)
Dato' Yeoh Chin Kee (Independent Non-Executive Diector)
Dato' Haji Abdul Aziz bin Omar (Independent Non-executive Director)
Wong Yu Chin (Independent Non-executive Director)
Tang Wing Chew (Independent Non-Executive Director)

1960 - The bank was formed and founded by Malaysian business tycoon Khoo Teck Puat (Chinese) with a few partners in Kuala Lumpur. The bank grew rapidly to more than 150 branches within 3 years. In 1963, the bank purchased Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore for $4.8 million.

1964 - The company established Mayban Trustees Bhd (MTB)

1965 - Khoo Teck Puat was ousted from Maybank by the Government of Malaysia under the then Deputy Prime Minister Tun Abdul Razak's administration on the pretext of pumping the bank's money into his own private firm in Singapore.

link

CIMB Group

Tan Sri Dato’ Md Nor Yusof
Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Haidar Mohamed Nor
Dato’ Sri Nazir Razak
Dato’ Mohd Shukri Hussin
Dato’ Hamzah Bakar
Datuk Dr Syed Muhamad Syed Abdul Kadir
Dato’ Zainal Abidin Putih
Cezar Peralta Consing
Dato’ Robert Cheim Dau Meng
Hiroyuki Kudo
Glenn Muhammad Surya Yusuf
Watanan Petersik

link

Bank Negara Malaysia 

Tan Sri Dato' Sri Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz Governor and Chairman
Dato' Muhammad bin Ibrahim Deputy Governor
Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus Deputy Governor
Tan Sri Dato' Sri Dr. Wan Abdul Aziz bin Wan Abdullah Secretary-General to the Treasury
Datuk Oh Siew Nam
Tan Sri Datuk Amar Haji Bujang bin Mohd.
Dato' N. Sadasivan
D.P.M.P., J.S.M., K.M.N.
Tan Sri Dato' Seri Dr. Sulaiman bin Mahbob
Encik Chin Kwai Yoong

link

This is just three banks, there are a few names that indicate that there are non bumiputera on the board of directors, but take a closer look we see that they are Non-Executive Directors

Non-working director of a firm who is not an executive director and, therefore, does not participate in the day-to-day management of the firm. He or she is usually involved in planning and policy making, and is sometimes included to lend prestige to the firm due to his or her standing in the community.

So the above does seem to support what the list claims about banks

And Mark I hope the above info is helpful, if I get time, I will look into some of the other points on the list, and put them up here

RSS

Page Monitor

Just fill in the box below on any 4F page to be notified when it changes.

Privacy & Unsubscribe respected

Muslim Terrorism Count

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

Mission Overview

Most Western societies are based on Secular Democracy, which itself is based on the concept that the open marketplace of ideas leads to the optimum government. Whilst that model has been very successful, it has defects. The 4 Freedoms address 4 of the principal vulnerabilities, and gives corrections to them. 

At the moment, one of the main actors exploiting these defects, is Islam, so this site pays particular attention to that threat.

Islam, operating at the micro and macro levels, is unstoppable by individuals, hence: "It takes a nation to protect the nation". There is not enough time to fight all its attacks, nor to read them nor even to record them. So the members of 4F try to curate a representative subset of these events.

We need to capture this information before it is removed.  The site already contains sufficient information to cover most issues, but our members add further updates when possible.

We hope that free nations will wake up to stop the threat, and force the separation of (Islamic) Church and State. This will also allow moderate Muslims to escape from their totalitarian political system.

The 4 Freedoms

These 4 freedoms are designed to close 4 vulnerabilities in Secular Democracy, by making them SP or Self-Protecting (see Hobbes's first law of nature). But Democracy also requires - in addition to the standard divisions of Executive, Legislature & Judiciary - a fourth body, Protector of the Open Society (POS), to monitor all its vulnerabilities (see also Popper). 
1. SP Freedom of Speech
Any speech is allowed - except that advocating the end of these freedoms
2. SP Freedom of Election
Any party is allowed - except one advocating the end of these freedoms
3. SP Freedom from Voter Importation
Immigration is allowed - except where that changes the political demography (this is electoral fraud)
4. SP Freedom from Debt
The Central Bank is allowed to create debt - except where that debt burden can pass across a generation (25 years).

An additional Freedom from Religion is deducible if the law is applied equally to everyone:

• Religious and cultural activities are exempt from legal oversight except where they intrude into the public sphere (Res Publica)"

© 2022   Created by Netcon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service