It takes a nation to protect the nation
A friend wrote and said: 'A new book details the forcible conversions, kidnappings, discrimination, forced marriages, persecution and killings that account for a genocide of historic proportions.'
49 Million Hindus Missing From Bangladesh Census due to Islamic atrocities :: Vanishing Hindu and other India root minorities from Indian subcontinent.
Posted by hinduexistence on May 3, 2010
Indian Subcontinent’s Vanishing Hindu and Other Minorities :Empire’s Last Casualty
~ by Upananda Brahmachari
Dr. Sachi Ghosh Dastidar’s book Empire’s Last Casualty: Indian Subcontinent’s Vanishing Hindu and
Other Minorities a study of effects of religious communalism on a pluralistic, tolerant, multi-religious society. It focuses on the loss of indigenous, Hindu population from die land of their ancestors; and on changes brought about since a multi-religious progressive region of Colonial British India was partitioned in 1947, and its effects on Hindu and nun-Muslim (Buddhist and Christian) minorities, on pluralism and on indigenous cultures.
After Britain’s Muslim-Hindu partition of Bengal Province Past Bengal became Muslim-majority East Pakistan, a part of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, unleashing regular, merciless anti-Hindu pogroms by intolerant Islamists. West Bengal remained in India, with Muslim minority and ever-growing massive Bengali Hindu refugee who turned towards left extremism.
Following a 1971 war of independence against West Pakistan, Bangladesh gained independence, creating the second largest Muslim-majority nation. That war was concurrently anti-Hindu anti-Bengali genocide by Islamic Republic’s army and its Bengali and Urdu speaking Islamist allies.
The book documents the decade-wise “missing” Hindus from Bangladesh Census: over 49 million; larger than 163 of 189 nations listed in World Bank’s April 2003 World Development indicators database-and over 3.1 million (larger than 75 of 189 nations) Hindus lost their lives through the process of Islamization.
Documenting three million-plus lost lives have been painful and difficult; especially when Hindus cremate their dead. Additionally rivers of the world’s largest delta washed away signs of mass murder leaving no clue. All attempts have been made to justify the data presented in the book, hardly-known to the world and rarely discussed in Bengal itself.
A further studies in Dr. Sabyasachi Ghosh-Dastidar’s present book reveals the truth about the vanishing Hindus from the Indian subcontinent in the connotation of prevailing perspective in the following ways.
Genocide and persecution
Only a few centuries ago, Hindu religion and culture used to reverberate from Afghanistan to Indonesia. Indian sub-continent including the present day India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan and even Zabol in Iran was Hindu land, and had no Muslim presence till Muhammad bin Qasim’s Arab army attacked Sindh in 711. After repeated invasions, Hindus lost the present day Afghanistan to Muslims in 987. And the areas now known as Pakistan and Bangladesh were lost to Muslims in 1947.
Pakistan comprised of two segments: East Pakistan and West Pakistan. In 1971, East Pakistan became Bangladesh, a separate country. Both Pakistan and Bangladesh have been declared as Islamic republics.
Hindus have always been threatened and discriminated against in Pakistan and Bangladesh on religious grounds. Though in 1947, Hindus accounted for 24 per cent of the present day Pakistan’s population, now the numbers less than two per cent. Situation is equally grave in Bangladesh where Hindus numbered 31 per cent in 1947, but now number nine per cent. Most of the Hindus / Sikhs have either been driven out, or have been killed or forcibly converted in Pakistan and Bangladesh. However, in India, the present percentage of Muslim population is much higher than that was in 1947.
Pakistan and Bangladesh have never explained what they have done to their Hindu population.
Hindus suffer constant threats to their lives, security and property in Pak-Bangla lands. Many Hindu temples have been desecrated and destroyed in Pakistan and Bangladesh. There are regular reports of illegal encroachments on Hindu temples and lands, looting of Hindu property, discrimination, persecution, molestation and abduction of Hindu girls both in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
During 1970 and 1971, Hindus in East Pakistan (present Bangladesh) underwent massive massacres by the Pakistani army and its collaborators. Over two million Hindus are reported to have been killed in East Pakistan during 1970 and 1971 leading to Indo-Pak war in 1971. Besides, countless Hindu women were dishonoured and kidnapped during this period.
As per Dr. Sabyasachi Ghosh-Dastidar’s book, Empire’s last casualty: Indian subcontinent’s vanishing Hindu and other minorities, over three million Hindus have been killed in the process of Islamisation in the area now known as Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan) since India was Partitioned in 1947. This loss of three million lives remain suppressed from the world.
Even now, Hindus are facing genocide, terror, persecution, dishonour and atrocities in Bangladesh every day. And there is selective killing of Hindu judges, professionals, teachers, lawyers and civil servants in Bangladesh to smash Hindu resistance.
Human rights organisations like Amnesty International are silent spectators of this blatant ethnic cleansing of millions of Hindus.
Forcible conversions and marriages
The alarming trend of Muslims kidnapping young Hindu girls and forcibly marrying them to Muslims is tormenting Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Though Pak-Bangla media may occasionally report such atrocities, main stream media in India remains silent in this regard. To illustrate the dismal situation, just one such example is given here. It was reported in Pakistan’s premier English daily ‘The Dawn’ dated November 3, 2005 that 19 Hindu girls mostly from Punjab Colony, Karachi were missing from their homes. Relatives of these girls believed that they had been kidnapped and were being forced to change their religion, the press release added.
Columnist Irfan Husain’s write up entitled “Conversion Losses” published in The Dawn dated December 3, 2005 relates the tragedy of Hindu parents in Karachi whose three young daughters Reena, Usha and Rima of marriageable age vanished in October, 2005. In a few days, the shocked parents received a courier package containing three identical affidavits from their daughters stating that they had converted to Islam and, therefore, could not live with their Hindu parents. And father of the girls just wailed, “We just sit and stare at each other. For us, life is over.”
And this hopeless situation can be the fate of any Hindu parent in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Kidnappings and killings
Even during the last few months, thousands of Hindus have been forced to flee Pakistan, and take shelter in India.
Increasing incidents of kidnappings, robberies and forcible conversion have rattled Hindu community in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Those unable to pay the ransom are just killed. Hindu film maker Satish Anand’s kidnapping in Karachi and recent release after payment of a huge ransom is just one of such countless examples.
In April, 2009 Sikhs in Karzai in Pakistan were targeted to pay fifty million rupees as Jazia, the tax levied on non-Muslims. As the victims could not pay the said Jazia, their houses were looted and destroyed.
Discrimination and dispossession
Discrimination against Hindus is a fact of life as also a fact of law in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
As per Constitution of Pakistan, only a Muslim can be the President or Prime Minister of Pakistan. As per Bangladeshi Constitution too, only a Muslim can be the head of the state.
The Vested Property Act was passed in 1965 as “Enemy Property Act” in Pakistan. This law legitimised confiscation of Hindu property. After emergence of Bangladesh in 1971, this Act was renamed as the Vested Property Act in Bangladesh, and the state was made the owner of the Hindus’ property. This Act has legitimised the forfeiture of millions of acres of ancestral Hindu lands. And Hindu lands and properties are being taken over by the government (under the Vested Property Act) to be distributed among Muslims.
In 1950, Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan signed an agreement called the Nehru Liaqat Pact under which both the governments undertook to protect life, liberty, religion and safety of the minorities in each other’s country.
But the government in India is doing nothing in the ongoing genocide and deprivation of Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
It is the Indian government’s legal and moral duty to ensure that as per the Nehru-Liaqat Pact of 1950, and as per the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Pakistan and Bangladesh treat their minorities in a human manner. India must also ask Bangladesh to repeal the Vested Properties Act, and restore the lands and properties of Hindus to Hindus.
The United Nations Commission on Human Rights must also be approached to redeem the situation. Denial of human rights to Hindus violates UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948.
In Pakistan and Bangladesh, Hindus have only the right to suffer and right to silence. Shockingly, the tragedy of Hindus of Pakistan and Bangladesh remains untold by Indian main stream media.
India’s callous inaction regarding the pathetic plight of Pak-Bangla Hindus is disgusting. Killing of Hindus in Pakistan, in Bangladesh or even in India is not taken seriously by main stream media, by government or by various political parties or by human rights industry in India.
Is it because for some sections in India, only the terrorists, anti-nationals and Pak-Bangla infiltrators are entitled to fundamental and human rights?
Will India ever act to save Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh ?
This is an unfinished story to finish the Hindu race by Islamist Jihasdists in Pakistan and Bangladesh. The Hindu-Buddhist race in the Indian sub-continent is decaying after facing the barbaric onslaught of Islam.
Publisher: Firma KLM Publishers, Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Price: $ 29 (Please call 609-448-7225 to procure a copy, or Muktadhara Booksellers of New York at 718-565-7258; or check Internet.)
Input : www.imperialcasualty.blogspot.com [ ISBN: 81-7102-151- 4 ] and Helpless Hindus of Pakistan and Bangladesh
Most Authentic History of Attacks on India from 636 AD: Hindus Killed in Millions
Wounds of the past continue to haunt the people. Without understanding the past, one can never fully understand the present. Therefore, we make an attempt to see a brief history of attacks on India- all done by foreigners. The aggressive design against India initiated in 636-37 AD by the Arabs and later on carried further by the groups from the Middle East, has been continuing intermittently for centuries. These attacks started within 14 years of the birth of Islam in AD 622, and within 4 years of the death of the Prophet of Islam in AD 632.
The Godhra carnage of 27th February, 2002 is not a product of the Ayodhya movement, or the Babri mosque demolition on 6th December, 1992. There may be more Godhras in store. India has been bleeding from a thousand wounds. Belgium based world famous scholar, Dr. Koenraad Elst (b. 1959) has written: “You wouldn’t guess it from their polished convent-school English, their trendy terminology, or their sanctimoniousness, but the likes of Romila Thapar, Irfan Habib or Gyanendra Pandey have blood on their hands. The wave of Muslim violence after the Ayodhya demolition (and the boomerang of police repression and Shiv Sena retaliation) was at least partly due to the disinformation by supposed experts, who denied that the disputed building had a violent iconoclastic prehistory, and implied that Hindus can get away with concocted history in their attacks on innocent mosques. This disinformation gave Muslim militants the sense of justification needed to mount a ‘revenge’ operation and to mobilize decent Muslims for acts of violence, which they never would have committed if they had known the truth about Islam’s guilt in Ayodhya”. (Source: “BJP vis-à-vis Hindu Resurgence” by Dr. Koenraad Elst, Voice of India, 1997).
Many Muslims genuinely believe that Islam spread in India due to Sufi saints and that Muslim rulers were tolerant or else the whole of India would have converted to Islam. Of course, this is wrong. Swami Vivekananda (1863-1902) said: “Hindu population as quoted by Farishta, one of the earliest Muslim historians, was 60 crores (i.e. 600 million) and today we are only 20 crores (i.e. 200 million)”. (Complete Works, Vol. 5, p. 233). Former editor of The Indian Express, Magsaysay award winner, and ex-Disinvestment Minister of India, Arun Shourie (1941-) also quoted Swami Vivekananda as saying this in an article written on 31 January 1993 which can be read here.
According to Wikisource this is also mentioned in a letter written by Swami Vivekananda to Miss Mary Hale on 30th October, 1899 recorded in his Complete Works, Volume 8, Epistles- Fourth Series CXLV.
Well-known historian, Dr. K. S. Lal (1920-2002) has written in his book Growth of Muslim Population in India that according to his calculations, the Hindu population in India declined by 80 million from AD 1000 to AD 1525, perhaps the biggest ever holocaust in human history. This does not mean a mere 80 million killings. Some estimates put the number of Hindus killed in India as 280 million while Swami Vivekananda opined that the number was more than 400 million (Hindus reducing from 60 crores to 20 crores). The point is, many Muslims even today believe themselves as victims and deny the crimes committed by Muslims against others. For example, a shockingly large number of Muslims including well-educated, well-to-do people genuinely believe that 9/11 attacks on USA were done by Jews to make USA target Muslims, or by the USA Government itself. Same is the case with Godhra and many other cases like 26/11, where many simply deny that Islamic fanatics did these crimes and genuinely believe it.
We must quote only authentic sources to make our point clear. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan has compiled Indian history in 11 volumes and the project was financed by the Jawaharlal Nehru Government (who no one can ever accuse of being ‘communal’). The chief editor is world- famous historian, the late R.C. Majumdar (1888-1980), who was Vice-President of the International Commission set up by UNESCO for the history of mankind and is one of the most respected historians. The Volumes on Indian history are contributed by many eminent historians, including those from the then East Pakistan (Bangladesh) and West Pakistan. To see the past, we simply quote Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s The History and Culture of the Indian People. It is hoped that these authentic quotes make everyone (Indian Muslims included) realize the truth of Islam’s spread and atrocities on Hindus.
The chronology that follows is incomplete but indicative-
1. 636 AD – Arabs attacked Thane, near Mumbai
2. 643 AD – Arabs invaded Debol at the mouth of the Sindh
3. 660 AD – Arabs invaded Sindh
4. 661-680 AD – Arabs sent six expeditions against Sindh
5. 661-680 AD – Arabs sent expeditions against Kabul and Zabul
6. 685 AD – The Arabs killed the king of Zabul
7. 699 AD – The Arabs ravaged Zabul
8. 712 AD – Muhammad-bin-Qasim slaughtered many Hindus, killed King Dahir and captured Sindh and gave settlement to 4000 Muslims
9. 724-738 AD – The Arabs sent several expeditions against Gujarat, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Broach, Malava, Vallamandal, Ujjain
10. 739 AD – The Arabs invaded Kathiawar
11. 776 AD – The Arabs sent expedition against Barda, near Porbandar
12. 948 to 963 AD – Alptigin of Ghazni plundered Punjab several times
13. 977-997 AD – Subuktigin of Ghazni plundered Punjab several times and carried immense wealth and killed many Hindus and converted many Hindus of Peshawar. Jaipal was the King at that time.
14. 998-1030 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni carried out several invasions, looted immense treasure, killed many Hindus and converted many Hindus
15. 1000 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni seized some parts near Peshawar
16. 1001 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked the kingdom of Jaipal, slaughtered many Hindus, captured Jaipal and collected 250000 dinars and 25 elephants as ransom
17. 1004 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni invaded Bagi Ray’s kingdom Bhatiya, plundered Bhatiya and converted many Hindus
– Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Anandapal; in a battle near Peshawar; Anandapal was defeated
18. 1007 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Sukhapal and plundered 400000 dirhams
19. 1008 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Anandapal. 20000 Hindus were killed. Bhimnagar (=Nagarkot=Kot Kangra) was laid waste and looted its treasury which consisted of 70,000,000 royal dirhams, 700400 mands of gold and jewellery & precious stones; clothes and garments
20. 1009 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Narayanpur in Rajputana, broke many idols, killed many Hindus and took booty
21. 1010 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Multan and killed a large number of Hindus
22. 1010 AD – Anandapal had to agree to send Mahmud of Ghazni annually 50 big elephants laden with valuables and 2000 men to serve the court of Ghazni
23. 1011 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni invaded Thaneswar, plundered and broke a large number of idols
24. 1013 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Nandana, killed many Hindus, captured booty and a host of elephants
25. 1014 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Kashmir, took many Hindus as prisoners and converted many Hindus to Islam
26. 1015 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Lokhot, a hill-fort in Kashmir
27. 1018 AD – a. Mahmud of Ghazni crossed the five rivers of Punjab and crossed Yamuna on 2 December 1018. The king of Baran (Bulandshahar) surrendered and paid 1,00,000 dirhams and 30 elephants.
b. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Mahaban in Mathura and killed nearly 5000 Hindus. The king Kulachand killed his wife first and then himself.
c. Mahmud of Ghazni plundered Mathura and captured idols of pure gold weighing 98,300 miskals. The idols of silver numbered 200. He ordered to burn all temples and the houses. Mathura was pillaged for 20 days.
d. Mahmud of Ghazni plundered Kanauj. King Rajyapal fled. The Hindus were slaughtered. Kanauj had 10,000 temples. The idols were destroyed.
e. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked and devastated Mung, near Kanpur. Many Hindus were killed and all valuables taken.
f. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Asni, near Fatehpur. Its ruler, Chandrapal, fled. The Hindus were slaughtered.
28. 1019 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked & plundered Sharva, near Saharanpur. Its ruler, Chand Rai, fled. The booty of gold, silver and pearls worth 30,00,000 dirhams and many elephants were captured. A large number of Hindus were taken as slaves and sold at Iraq’s Khurasan. In January 1019 Mahmud of Ghazni returned to Ghazni with 20,000,000 dirhams, 53,000 prisoners and 350 elephants.
29. 1020 AD – a. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked the Chandella kingdom of Vidyadhar near Yamuna. The Hindu Sahi kingdom was completely ravaged. Vidyadhar and Trilochanpal fled.
b. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked and plundered Bari, the Pratihar capital. Bari was razed to the ground.
c. Mahmud of Ghazni chased the Chandella King Vidyadhar. Vidyadhar fled. He captured a huge booty and 580 elephants.
30. 1021 AD – a. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Qirat and Nur and forced the Hindu rulers to embrace Islam. Their temples and idols were destroyed.
b. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Lohkot, in Kashmir.
31. 1021-22 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni again launched an attack on the Chandella Vidyadhar. He attacked Gwalior and Lakangara.
32. 1024 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni started to attack the Somnath temple. On the way, he ravaged Ludrava, Anahillapataka, Mundur, Dewalwara etc. The Chalukya king Bhim I fled.
33. 1025 AD – He reached Somnath in January 1025. More than 50000 Hindus were killed. The booty was worth 20,000,000 dirhams. The temple was razed to the ground.
34. 1027 AD – Mahmud of Ghazni attacked Jats, killed thousands of them, plundered their wealth. He died in AD 1030.
35. 1034 AD – Ahmad Niyaltigin plundered Banaras and carried away immense booty
36. 1036 AD – Mahmud’s son Masud attacked Hansi, Sonpat and the kingdom of Ram Rai.
37. 1178 AD – Muhammad Ghuri attacked Gujarat and plundered Nadol
38. 1191 AD – Battle of Tarain. Ghuri attacked Prithviraj- and was routed
39. 1192 AD – Second battle of Tarain. He again attacked Prithviraj. One lakh Hindu soldiers lost their lives. Prithviraj was killed. Temples were demolished. Ghuri left behind his fanatic general Qutubuddin Aibak to look after the affairs of India.
40. 1193 AD – The battle of Chandawar. Muhammad Ghuri killed Jayachandra; plundered Asni and Banaras.
41. 1194 AD -Qutubuddin Aibak ousted Hari Raj and captured Ajmer, demolished 27 temples
42. 1195 AD -Muhammad Ghori attacked Bayana and Gwalior
43. 1196 AD – Qutubuddin slaughtered 50,000 Rajputs and enslaved 20,000
44. 1197 AD – Qutubuddin invaded Gujarat
45. 1200 AD – Muhammad Khalji plundered Magadha; slaughtered Buddhist monks of Odantapuri Vihar
46. 1205 AD – Qutubuddin and Muizzuddin in the battle between Jhelum and Chenab killed Khokars and enslaved many others
47. 1233 AD -Iltutmish captured Bhilsa and plundered Ujjain
48. 1296 AD -Alauddin Khalji invaded Devagiri of Maharashtra
49. 1296 to 1316 AD – His discriminatory regulations ruined the Hindus
50. 1305 AD – Alauddin invaded Malava
51. 1309 AD – His general Malik Kafur invaded Warangal
52. 1310 AD – Pandya kingdom invaded- immense booty and 250 elephants were captured
53. 1325 AD – Muhammad Tughlaq ruined Kakatiya, Yadava, Hoysala and
54. 1351 AD – Pandya dynasties of the South Nagaya Gauna, Harihar, Bukka were forced to embrace Islam
55. 1361 AD -Firoz Tughlaq slaughtered nearly one lakh Hindus near the Chilka lake.
56. 1362 AD – Muhammad Shah defeated Telangana king Vinayaka Deva and killed him with barbarous cruelty
57. 1458 to 1511 AD – Mahmud Begarha held Hindus of Gujarat in thrall
58. 1467 AD – He invaded and plundered Girnar
59. 1469 AD – He attacked Junagadh and forced Mandalika to embrace Islam
60. 1482 AD – Malik Sudha killed many Hindus of Champaner
61. 1483 AD – Mahmud Begarha plundered Champaner and killed and converted Hindus
62. 1527 AD – Babur defeated Rana Sangram and killed him and Rajputs
63. 1528 AD– Babur defeated Medini Rai, killed Hindus in Chanderi
64. 1565 AD – In Talikota, alliance of 4 Muslim kings defeated Vijaynagar king Rama Raya and thousands of Hindus were killed
65. 1568 AD – The battle of Chitor: Akbar defeated the Rajputs and ordered massacre of 30,000 non-combatant Hindus
66. 1663 AD – The Bijapur Sultan plundered Tirucherapalli
67. 1665 AD – Aurangazeb imposed taxes on Hindu traders
68. 1669 AD – He ordered demolition of schools and temples of Hindus. Many temples were demolished-including Kashi, Mathura and Patan Somnath
69. 1679 AD – Aurangazeb reimposed jizyah tax on Hindus. Unable to pay this tax, many Hindus converted to Islam
70. 1704 AD – Fifth attack on Anandpur by Vazir Khan. Guru Govind Singh’s mother, brothers, followers were killed; his two sons bricked up alive in a fort wall and then beheaded because they refused to embrace Islam on 27 December 1704
71. 1708 AD – Two Pathan Muslims stabbed Guru Govind Singh- he died soon
72. 1715 AD – On Farukh-Siyar’s orders Abdur Samad Khan geared up to vanquish Sikh leader Banda. Many Sikhs were massacred
73. 1716 AD – Banda was brutally killed (Details too horrific)
74. 1739 AD – Nadir Shah of Persian entered Delhi. People of Delhi suffered terrible horrors. Their property looted, houses burnt, womenfolk raped, the men slaughtered. Three to four lakhs were killed, treasure worth 50 crores was plundered.
75. 1748 AD – Ahmad Shah Abdali’s first invasion of India
76. 1750 AD – His second invasion of India
77. 1751 AD – His third invasion of India
78. 1756 AD – His fourth invasion of India
79. 1759 AD – His fifth invasion of India
80. 1761 AD – His sixth invasion of India and the Third Battle of Panipat (on 14 Jan 1761) –in which the Hindus were crushed
81. 1764 AD – His seventh invasion of India
82. 1767 AD – His eighth invasion of India.
All these were foreigners’ attacks on India. But even after the end of the foreign Muslim rule and during the British rule there were numerous riots between Hindus and Muslims in India. In many of these riots before 1947 Hindus suffered far more than Muslims. Even Mahatma Gandhi had to acknowledge this. He is reported to have said:
“There is no doubt in my mind that in the majority of quarrels the Hindus come out second best. But my own experience confirms the opinion that the Mussalman as a rule is a bully, and the Hindu as a rule is a coward. I have noticed this in railway trains, on public roads, and in the quarrels which I had the privilege of settling. Need the Hindu blame the Mussalman for his cowardice? Where there are cowards, there will always be bullies…But I, as a Hindu, am more ashamed of Hindu cowardice than I am angry at the Mussalman bullying… “
The source quoted is “Hindu-Muslim Tension: Its Cause and Cure”, Young India, 29/5/1924; reproduced in M.K. Gandhi: The Hindu-Muslim Unity, p.35-36.
In 1921 in Malabar Moplahs committed horrible atrocities on Hindus thousands were killed and thousands converted. In 1926 Swami Shraddhananda was murdered by a man named Abdul Rashid. And in 1946, on 16 August was the Direct Action Day of the Muslim League, and this saw the great Calcutta killings. At the same time, horrible Naokhali riots were also seen.
The past is, never ever, far from the present. Hindus suffered horribly at the hands of foreigners for many centuries. This is just a brief summary. The horrid, lurid details of these events will make one’s hair stand on end.
The above post is an extract (slightly edited) from the book Gujarat Riots: The True Story by M D Deshpande.
Click here to buy the book.
1. R C Majumdar : The History and Culture of Indian People; Vol. 3, p 167, p 168, p 169, p 170, p 172-73
2. R C Majumdar : The History and Culture of Indian People; Vol. 4, p 99
3. R C Majumdar : The History and Culture of Indian People; Vol. 5, p 2-5, p 5-22, p 54, p 61, p 71, p 78, p 93, p 11, p 112, p 120, p 121, p 123-124, p 188
4. R C Majumdar : The History and Culture of Indian People; Vol.6, p 15-16, p 23-25, p29, p 33-36, p 63, p 76-77, p 92-93, p 162-166, p 252
5. R C Majumdar : The History and Culture of Indian People; Vol.7, p 36-37, p 235, p 321, p 322-323, p 334, p 414-415, p 460,
6. R C Majumdar : The History and Culture of Indian People; Vol.8, p 93, p 123-125, p 127
7. R C Majumdar : The History and Culture of Indian People; Vol.11, p 360-361, p 436, p 748.
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are solely of the author. My India My Glory does not assume any responsibility for the validity or information shared in this article by the author.
Featured image courtesy: Glimpses Of History.
Related post: Nalanda: 9 Million Books Burnt in 1193 by Bakhtiyar Khilji.
Everything, therefore, seemed to be leading up to but one inevitable end – the ruin and devastation of the Hindu provinces; the annihilation of their old royal houses, the destruction of their religion, their temples, their cities. All that the dwellers in the south held most dear seemed tottering to its fall.
Suddenly, about the year 1344 A.D., there was a check to this wave of foreign invasion – a stop – a halt – then a solid wall of opposition; and for 250 years Southern India was saved.
The check was caused by a combination of small Hindu states – two of them already defeated, Warangal and Dvarasamudra – defeated, and therefore in all probability not over-confident; the third, the tiny principality of Anegundi. The solid wall consisted of Anegundi grown into the great empire of the Vijayanagar. To the kings of this house all the nations of the south submitted.