The 4 Freedoms Library

It takes a nation to protect the nation

http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/36747

Sunday, 24 July 2011

Hugh Fitzgerald: The Iconoclast

More Like Theodore Kaczynski Than Like Timothy McVeigh

Timothy McVeigh had grievances against the world, and was hardly capable of thought, save that he hated the gummint, and so was prepared to blow up a gummint office and all the innocents within. Theodore Kaczynski, on the other hand, was more intelligent, capable of some kind of systematic, if crazed, thought -- the kind of thought that village cranks can exhibit, as they enroll practically everything in their Grand Analysis of the World, which often -- not always -- involves a Conspiracy. Then, in the anomie and loneliness of modern life, where the loner becomes ever more alone, he may seek solace in grandiose dreams of Saving The Universe. Unhinged, one in ten, or one in one hundred,  milllion can become Kaczynski,or Breivik.

But what such people may have had in their brains, or understood imperfectly, wrongly, selectively, distortedly, may have started with simple observations they made of the world they lived in, as they began on their slow slide into unhingement and then murder which, by their mad lights, was justifiable and justified for the greater good, of the nation, of the world, of humanity. Kaczynski made observations about technology and its overuse, and its changing things in a way that not only Kaczynski, but many perfectly intelligent people, found alarming, deeply disturbing. His unhingement and letter-bomb murder and mayhem do not mean that everyone, from Lewis Mumford to Jacques Ellul, who bewailed the effects of "the technological society," were wrong, or are now wrong. Surely there were things about Kaczynski's analysis that overlapped with what others, farseeing and troubled by what they saw, have written, have thought.
Ideas, comprehensions, are not proven true or false, or partly-true or partly-false, by what in their own private madness this or that madman decides to do. I wonder how many people have read Kaczynski's Manifesto, and understood that much of it is utterly crazed, and much of it makes sense. How many people will read Breivik's manifesto, and decide for themselves -- not allow headline-writers to decide for them -- how much of it is crazed, and how much makes sense. That judgment has no bearing on the madness and criminality of his act, of course, just as his act has no bearing on the truth or falsehood of his observations. These are different things.

In any case, the civilizational disruption that unhinged Anders Breivik has to be examined, should not be dismissed because he killed 92 people in cold blood. No one can pretend that that civilizational disruption doesn't exist, that there are no grounds for worry about the sudden demographic change in Western Europe, and what Muslim immigration means -- means without the pieties of the age being hidden behind, as if mere repetition of such totem-words as Tolerance and Diversity could be relied on forever to substitute for sober thought.

No one should be embarrassed, or apologetic, about continuing to refuse to participate in an act of collective amnesia and wilful ignorance. No one should be embarrassed or apologetic about  pointing out what the texts and tenets of Islam inculcate, and what 1350 years of Islamic history, and Muslim mistreatment of many different kinds of non-Muslims, tell us. Nor should we stop bringing to public attention the observable behavior of Muslims toward non-Muslims around the world, in Pakistan and Nigeria, in Sudan and Iraq, in Egypt and Algeria, in Bangladesh and Malaysia, and Indonesia, and Nigeria, in the Muslim-ruled lands, through time and across space, and in Amsterdam, Paris, London, Milan, Madrid, Moscow, and many other places or countries where non-Muslims created their own civilizations, and live, but now have to endure the greater disruption, expense, and physical insecurity that is a direct result of the large-scale presence of Muslims.

This is too much  to be dismissed in the hysteria that can accompany  grief and outrage. Those who have have intelligently and disinterestedly studied the matter -- a camp that should not be said to  include the self-promoters and blowhards who have been making out like gangbusters. Their presentation of things is so often at a hysterical pitch, either because they themselves are hysterics, or because they need to keep their public excited, or -- and this is important -- to appeal to donors by scaring them, to make sure they are frightened and that they become, in their fright, readier to empty their pockets.

But these are not the only people, or even the most significant people -- though sometimes it may seem that way -- who are calling attention to what the large-scale presence of Muslims means for the non-Muslims, both indigenous and immigrant, in Western Europe. There are others who are not programmatically "on the right" -- Geert Wilders certainly is not -- and who do not rant about the "MSM," or "Lefties," remain unconvinced that Obama is a Muslim agent, do not dismiss  global climate disruption as a hoax , do not agree that the rich are taxed far too much, and so on.

Such people have earned a right not to [be] dismissed, a right to continue to report on the deliberate exploitation of this event by those who do not want notice taken, much less any action resulting from such notice, of that civilizational disruption that the large-scale presence of Muslims in Western Europe has caused, and will continue to cause, and that cannot be addressed by those who refuse to learn about Islam, a disruption that is felt by tens, or even hundreds, of millions of people in Europe who have nothing to do with, and deplore as strongly and heartfeltly as anyone else, the murders committed by that unhinged loner, Anders Breivik.

Merker: Hugh Fitzgerald

Visninger: 101

Svar til denne diskusjonen

As expected, the left look as though they are going to treat this as their "Reichstag moment", and use it as a club to browbeat,censor and ban counter-islamist individuals and groups ; this article - http://www.tnr.com/article/world/92561/norway-attacks-bomb-breivik-... - attempts to smear all debate against islam as "poison", pro-freedom campaigners will have to come out strongly and firmly countering this leftist propaganda, otherwise islamists and their useful idiots in the "intelligentsia" will use the period we are in right now to silence all opposition to islam and cultural leninism and progress with their plans unimpeded.

I think you are correct.

The Left will use this murderous tragedy to put us, and keep us on the back foot.  We already have to preface everything we say with: I am not a racist, I am not right-wing, I am not talking about Muslims in general or all Muslims or even just particular Muslims, I am not a Nazi, I am not BNP, I am not an islamophobe, I am not xenophobic, etc.  Added to this we will of course have to say I do not support Anders Breivik’s method of dealing with this political and cultural problem.  By the time you have said all this, you will have put everyone to sleep or people will have turned the page. 

It will take even greater maturity and patience to even have a conversation.

Here is a calm minded  piece from anti-islamist atheist blogger Sam Harris cautioning about the probable forthcoming tirade of islamist/marxist/post-modernist smears ; http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/christian-terrorism-and-islamoph...

And hot off the press, here is something from Frontpage magazine on the Character Assasination of Robert Spencer in the New York Times ;

The New York Times today has a wretched editorial masquerading as a news story on Robert Spencer and his alleged complicity in the Oslo massacres because his ideas are cited by the lunatic responsible. Joseph McCarthy could not have done it better. The Times next will blame Noam Chomsky for the crimes of Osama bin Laden and Al Gore for the crimes of the Unabomber since the ideas of both were cited by the lunatics. Chomsky is not only cited by the Islamic terrorists, he openly supports them -- yet the Times would be the first to express shock and outrage at mere suggestion of Chomsky's complicity in the crimes of al-Qaeda, Hizbollah and Hamas.

Robert Spencer has never supported a terrorist act. His crime in the eyes of the left is to have told the truth about Islamic fanatics beginning with the Islamic prophet who called for the extermination of the Jews and said in his farewell speech that he was called to fight until all men say that there is no God but allah. (see Bruce Thornton's article today's Frontpage).

The attack on Robert Spencer a man of great courage and decency is just one phase in the war against all those who speak out against Islamic terror and Islamic imperialism. The Times attack is but the latest and most repulsive salvo in this war.

Article on FrontPageMag

Here is a more extensive defense of Robert Spencer etc from today's Frontpage ; http://frontpagemag.com/2011/07/26/in-defense-of-robert-spencer/?ut...
Just keep on doing what you do. The threat is Islam.

Kinana said:

I think you are correct.

The Left will use this murderous tragedy to put us, and keep us on the back foot.  We already have to preface everything we say with: I am not a racist, I am not right-wing, I am not talking about Muslims in general or all Muslims or even just particular Muslims, I am not a Nazi, I am not BNP, I am not an islamophobe, I am not xenophobic, etc.  Added to this we will of course have to say I do not support Anders Breivik’s method of dealing with this political and cultural problem.  By the time you have said all this, you will have put everyone to sleep or people will have turned the page. 

It will take even greater maturity and patience to even have a conversation.

Robert Spencer speaks today on the smears against him ; http://frontpagemag.com/2011/07/27/new-york-times-convicts-spencer-...

Aswell as countering the smears against anti-islamist activists, who are hopefully more hard-nosed about dealing with this sort of thing, we must also be mindful that part of the leftist/islamist agenda is to intimidate the more timid and less wised-up general public, who have only recently begun to come out of their shells and say what they were thinking about islam and multi-culti.

Anthony: 'we must also be mindful that part of the leftist/islamist agenda is to intimidate the more timid and less wised-up general public'

Absolutely.  There are millions who are wondering which way to jump.  The propaganda war is serious and necessary.

Just out - here is Pat Condell's new vid on the issue ; http://www.youtube.com/patcondell#p/a/u/0/MVbUzbLC5GE
Further to yesterday's link from Sam Harris ; here is another refutation of islamo-apologist accusations by him today ;http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/response-to-chris-hedges/
There is now a debate going on re the above on Richard Dawkin's site ; http://richarddawkins.net/articles/642341-dear-angry-lunatic-a-resp...

If an anti-islamist is automatically labelled far-right, then does that mean that the far left is pro-islamist? Surely any reasonable person is anti-islamist. The EDL is not far-right, it is anti-islamist and in a class of its own. The left use the term far-right to demonize anti-islamists.
Kinana said:

Anthony: 'we must also be mindful that part of the leftist/islamist agenda is to intimidate the more timid and less wised-up general public'

Absolutely.  There are millions who are wondering which way to jump.  The propaganda war is serious and necessary.

RSS

Page Monitor

Just fill in the box below on any 4F page to be notified when it changes.

Privacy & Unsubscribe respected

Muslim Terrorism Count

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

Mission Overview

Most Western societies are based on Secular Democracy, which itself is based on the concept that the open marketplace of ideas leads to the optimum government. Whilst that model has been very successful, it has defects. The 4 Freedoms address 4 of the principal vulnerabilities, and gives corrections to them. 

At the moment, one of the main actors exploiting these defects, is Islam, so this site pays particular attention to that threat.

Islam, operating at the micro and macro levels, is unstoppable by individuals, hence: "It takes a nation to protect the nation". There is not enough time to fight all its attacks, nor to read them nor even to record them. So the members of 4F try to curate a representative subset of these events.

We need to capture this information before it is removed.  The site already contains sufficient information to cover most issues, but our members add further updates when possible.

We hope that free nations will wake up to stop the threat, and force the separation of (Islamic) Church and State. This will also allow moderate Muslims to escape from their totalitarian political system.

The 4 Freedoms

These 4 freedoms are designed to close 4 vulnerabilities in Secular Democracy, by making them SP or Self-Protecting (see Hobbes's first law of nature). But Democracy also requires - in addition to the standard divisions of Executive, Legislature & Judiciary - a fourth body, Protector of the Open Society (POS), to monitor all its vulnerabilities (see also Popper). 
1. SP Freedom of Speech
Any speech is allowed - except that advocating the end of these freedoms
2. SP Freedom of Election
Any party is allowed - except one advocating the end of these freedoms
3. SP Freedom from Voter Importation
Immigration is allowed - except where that changes the political demography (this is electoral fraud)
4. SP Freedom from Debt
The Central Bank is allowed to create debt - except where that debt burden can pass across a generation (25 years).

An additional Freedom from Religion is deducible if the law is applied equally to everyone:

• Religious and cultural activities are exempt from legal oversight except where they intrude into the public sphere (Res Publica)"

© 2022   Created by Netcon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service