It takes a nation to protect the nation
This forum is for news items and comments on President Obama. Here's a movie and an article to get started.
You can also get the movie on DVD: http://www.lovefilm.com/film/Obamas-America-2016/193938/
David Barton - 02/29/2012
When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.
Listed below in chronological order are (1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations; (2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military; (3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally (4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisors guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.
1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:
2. Acts of hostility from the Obama-led military toward people of Biblical faith:
3. Acts of hostility toward Biblical values:
4. Acts of preferentialism for Islam:
Many of these actions are literally unprecedented – this is the first time they have happened in four centuries of American history. The hostility of President Obama toward Biblical faith and values is without equal from any previous American president.
1. Sarah Pulliam Baily, "Obama: ‘They cling to guns or religion’," Christianity Today, April 13, 2008. (Return)
2. Aliza Marcus, "Obama to Lift ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers,"Bloomberg, February 27, 2009; Sarah Pulliam Baily, "Obama Admin. Changes Bush ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers," Christianity Today, February 18, 2011. (Return)
3. Jim Lovino, "Jesus Missing From Obama’s Georgetown Speech," NBC Washington, April 17, 2009. (Return)
4. Johanna Neuman, “Obama end Bush-era National Prayer Day Service at White House," Los Angeles Times, May 7, 2009. (Return)
5. Chris McGreal, “Vatican vetoes Barack Obama’s nominees for U.S. Ambassador,” The Guardian, April 14, 2009. (Return)
6. Meredith Jessup, “Obama Continues to Omit ‘Creator’ From Declaration of Independence,” The Blaze, October 19, 2010. (Return)
7. "Remarks by the President at the University of Indonesia in Jakarta,...," The White House, November 10, 2010. (Return)
8. LadyImpactOhio, " Feds sued by Veterans to allow stolen Mojave Desert Cross to be re...," Red State, January 14, 2011. (Return)
9. Marrianne Medlin, “Amid criticism, President Obama moves to fill vacant religious amba...,” Catholic News Agency, February 9, 2011; Thomas F. Farr, “Undefender of the Faith,” Foreign Policy, April 5, 2012. (Return)
10. Chris Johnson, “ENDA passage effort renewed with Senate introduction,”Washington Blade, April 15, 2011. (Return)
11. Chuck Donovan, “HHS’s New Health Guidelines Trample on Conscience,”Heritage Foundation, August 2, 2011. (Return)
12. Todd Starns, “Obama Administration Opposes FDR Prayer at WWII Memorial,” Fox News, November 4, 2011. (Return)
13. Joel Siegel, “Obama Omits God From Thanksgiving Speech, Riles Critics,”ABC News, November 25, 2011. (Return)
14. Hillary Rodham Clinton, “Remarks in Recognition of International Human Rights Day,” U.S. Department of State, December 6, 2011. (Return)
15. Ted Olson, “Church Wins Firing Case at Supreme Court,” Christianity Today, January 11, 2012. (Return)
16. Audrey Hudson, “Obama administration religious service for student loan forgiveness,” Human Events, February 15, 2012. (Return)
17. “Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban of ‘God...,” Fox News, June 29, 2011. (Return)
18. Jason Ukman, “Air Force suspends ethics course that used Bible passages that trai...,” Washington Post, August 2, 2011.(Return)
19. "Maintaining Government Neutrality Regarding Religion," Department of the Air Force, September 1, 2011. (Return)
20. "Wounded, Ill, and Injured Partners in Care Guidelines," Department of the Navy (accessed on February 29, 2012). (Return)
21. "Air Force Academy Backs Away from Christmas Charity," Fox News Radio, November 4, 2011. (Return)
22. Jenny Dean, "Air Force Academy adapts to pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans," Los Angeles Times, November 26, 2011. (Return)
23. Ken Blackwell, "Gen. Boykin Blocked At West Point," cnsnews.com, February 1, 2012. (Return)
24. Geoff Herbert, " Air Force unit removes 'God' from logo; lawmakers warn of 'dangerou...," syracuse.com, February 9, 2012. (Return)
25. Todd Starnes, "Army Silences Catholic Chaplains," Fox News Radio, February 6, 2012. (Return)
26. Markeshia Ricks, "Bible checklist for Air Force lodges going away," Air Force Times, April 16, 2012. (Return)
27. Patrick Goodenough, "White House 'Strongly Objects' to Legislation Protecting Military C...," cnsnews.com, May 16, 2012. (Return)
28. "U.S. military insignia no longer allowed on Bibles," One News Now, June 14, 2012. (Return)
29. Jeff Mason and Deborah Charles, "Obama lifts restrictions on abortion funding," Reuters, January 23, 2009. (Return)
30. "Obama pick: Taxpayers must fund abortions," World Net Daily, January 27, 2009. (Return)
31. Steven Ertelt, "Pro-Life Groups Left Off Obama’s Health Care Summit List, Abortion ...," LifeNews, March 5, 2009. (Return)
32. " Obama Signs Order Lifting Restrictions on Stem Cell Research Funding,"Fox News, March 9, 2009. (Return)
33. Steven Ertelt, “ Obama Administration Announces $50 Million for Pro-Forced Abortion...,” LifeNews, March 26, 2009; Steven Ertelt, "President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation," LifeNews, February 11, 2012. (Return)
34. Steven Ertelt, "Barack Obama’s Federal Budget Eliminates Funding for Abstinence-Onl...," LifeNews, May 8, 2009. (Return)
35. Steven Ertelt, "Obama Budget Funds Sex Ed Over Abstinence on 16-1 Margin," LifeNews, February 14, 2011. (Return)
36. Steven Ertelt, "Obama Admin Terrorism Dictionary Calls Pro-Life Advocates Violent, ...," LifeNews, May 5, 2009. (Return)
37. "Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies,"The White House, June 17, 2009. (Return)
38. Matt Cover, "Obama’s EEOC Nominee: Society Should ‘Not Tolerate Private Beliefs’...," cnsnews.com, January 18, 2010. (Return)
39. Tess Civantos, "White House Spent $23M of Taxpayer Money to Back Kenyan Constitutio...," Fox News, July 22, 2010. (Return)
40. Steven Ertelt, "Obama, Congress Cut Funding for 176 Abstinence Programs Despite New...," LifeNews, August 26, 2010. (Return)
41. Steven Ertelt, "President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation," LifeNews, February 11, 2012. (Return)
42. Brian Montopoli, "Obama administration will no longer defend DOMA,"CBSNews, February 23, 2011. (Return)
43. Steven Ertelt, "Obama Admin Ignores Planned Parenthood Sex Trafficking Videos," LifeNews, March 2, 2011. (Return)
44. Elisabeth Bumiller, "Obama Ends ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ Policy," New York Times, July 22, 2011; George Washington, The Writings of George Washington, John C. Fitzpatrick, editor (Washington: U. S. Government Printing Office, 1934), Vol. XI, pp. 83-84, from General Orders at Valley Forge on March 14, 1778. (Return)
45. Luis Martinez, "Will Same Sex Marriages Pose a Dilemma for Military Chaplains?," ABC News, October 12, 2011. (Return)
<name="fn46">46. Jerry Markon, "Health, abortion issues split Obama administration and Catholic groups," Washington Post, October 31, 2011. (Return)
47. Barack Obama, “ Remarks by the President at Iftar Dinner,” The White House, September 1, 2009; Kristi Keck, “ Obama tones down National Day of Prayer observance,” CNN, May 6, 2009; Dan Gilgoff, “ The White House on National Day of Prayer: A Proclamation, but No ...,” U.S. News, May 1, 2009. (Return)
48. "Franklin Graham Regrets Army's Decision to Rescind Invite to Pentag...," Fox News, April 22, 2010. (Return)
49. “Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document,”Fox News, April 7, 2010; "Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'," Fox News, May 27, 2010; "'Islamic Radicalism' Nixed From Obama Document," CBSNews, April 7, 2010. (Return)
50. Chuck Norris, “ President Obama: Muslim Missionary? (Part 2),”Townhall.com, August 24, 2010; Chuck Norris, "President Obama: Muslim Missionary?," Townhall.com, August 17, 2010.(Return)
51. Barack Obama, “Remarks by the President at Iftar Dinner,” The White House, August 13, 2010; "Obama Comes Out in Favor of Allowing Mosque Near Ground Zero," Fox News, August 13, 2010; Pamela Geller, "Islamic Supremacism Trumps Christianity at Ground Zero," American Thinker, July 21, 2011. (Return)
52. "WH Fails to Release Easter Proclamation," Fox Nation, April 25, 2011; "President Obama ignores most holy Christian holiday; AFA calls act ...," American Family Association (accessed on February 29, 2012).(Return)
53. "Report: Obama’s Muslim Advisers Block Middle Eastern Christians’ Ac...," Big Peace (accessed on February 29, 2012). (Return)
54. Masoud Popalzai and Nick Paton Walsh, “ Obama apologizes to Afghanistan for Quran burning,” CNN, February 23, 2012; "USA/Afghanistan-Islamophobia: Pentagon official apologizes for Qura...," International Islamic News Agency (accessed on February 29, 2012). (Return)
55. "Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan," CNN, May 22, 2009. (Return)
The Obama Record: The most frightening aspect of this president may not be his radical ideology but his rank dishonesty in selling that ideology. Now he's been caught lying about family racism.
In "Dreams from My Father," his 1995 memoir, Obama used the story of his paternal grandfather's imprisonment and torture at the hands of British colonists in Kenya as an example of white cruelty. He claimed Hussein Onyango Obama was unjustly detained for six months before being released a crippled, lice-ridden "old man."
In fact, none of it is true, according to Washington Post editor and biographer David Maraniss, who traveled to Kenya to investigate the tale. His grandfather was not detained or beaten by his "white rulers," as Obama, writing as a 34-year-old lawyer, claimed.
This is only the latest example of a growing body of fabrications, embellishments and outright lies told by this president, who has a real and possibly pathological problem with the truth.
Stacked up, his whoppers would make even Bill Clinton blush. Here's a sampling:
Lie No. 1: Obama has repeatedly claimed his white grandfather, Stanley Dunham, "fought in Patton's army," when he was a clerk with no combat in WWII.
Lie No. 2: Obama claimed Dunham, a communist sympathizer, signed up for duty "the day after Pearl Harbor," when in fact he waited six months.
Lie No. 3: Obama claimed his father "fought when he got back to Kenya against tribalism and nepotism, but ultimately was blackballed from the government," when in fact he fought against capitalism and lost his job when he advocated communism.
Lie No. 4: Obama has claimed his late mother's health insurer refused "to pay for her treatment" for cancer while citing a "pre-existing condition," when Cigna paid all her hospital bills and never denied payment.
Lie No. 5: Obama claimed he and a black high school friend named "Ray" were ostracized in Honolulu, when in fact the friend, Keith Kakugawa, was half-Japanese, and neither of them experienced discrimination.
Lie No. 6: Obama claimed the father of his Indonesian stepfather was killed by Dutch soldiers while fighting for Indonesian independence, when in fact the story turns out to be "a concocted myth in almost all respects," Maraniss found.
Lie No. 7: Obama claimed his parents decided to marry in the excitement of the Selma civil-rights march of 1965 — and that he personally has "a claim on Selma" — when in fact they were married several years earlier.
Lie No. 8: Obama claimed his father got to study in the U.S. thanks to JFK's efforts to bring "young Africans over to America," when in fact the Kenyan airlift his father participated in occurred in 1959 under Ike.
Lie No. 9: Obama submitted a phony bio to his book publicist claiming he was "born in Kenya."
Lie No. 10: Obama denied being a member of the socialist New Party, when a member roster of the Chicago chapter of the party lists him joining on Jan. 11, 1996.
Lie No. 11: Obama claimed he had only a passing acquaintance with Weather Underground terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, when in fact they held a fundraiser for their Hyde Park neighbor in their living room, and years later, while Obama served in the U.S. Senate, hosted a barbecue for him in their backyard.
Lie No. 12: Obama claimed he never heard Rev. Jeremiah Wright spew anti-American invectives while sitting in his pews for 20 years, when in fact Obama was moved to tears hearing Wright condemn "white folks" and the U.S. for bombing other countries and even named his second book after the sermon.
Lie No. 13: Obama claimed he got in a "big fight" with old white flame Genevieve Cook, who after seeing a black play asked "why black people were so angry all the time," when in fact she never saw the play nor made the remark.
In both his autobiographies, Obama paints a false portrait of a still-racist America and West, where he, his friends and relatives are victimized by that racism. Conveniently, his remedy is redistributive justice through bigger government.
Soros has made it clear that he sees little difference in Romney and Obama and seems to mean it. He is tightening purse strings and Obama is feeling the pinch. Now he is asking people getting married to tell well wishers not to buy gifts but to donate to Obama. That is a lot of audacity on the part of the big Dope.
BHO, dosn't seem very patriotic. In his growing up he doesn't appear to have had a very 'American' up bringing. Did he swear allegience to the Flag, does he see American history in anyway positive? How can he be the countries number one patriot, if hes been brought up in foriegn lands in schools and by people who are against the American system.
All the lies,( if proven), in his Autobi, show a constructed past. If the accusations themselves are lies. Why isn't someone saying so.
Very clever wording. 'Help the President'. When its to help him get re-elected.
Something we can 'all' appreciate. Why would you all appreciate it?.
If i was getting married, i'd rather the gift. Its part of having a party. You don't have to buy me anything, but i love it when people do.
Its like buying a piece of the moon. Some people made a lot of money. other people just got left with a useless certificate.
Why isn't someone saying so? Fear? Loyalty? Surely there are none who respect him. We could try a shared allegiance or a common cause, or perhaps it is that old Birds of a Feather Syndrome.
I have spent most of the night working on an essay, as yet unfinished. Excerpt...In theory we have a two party system. In reality it is more of a coin toss, with one side of the coin saying "The Government Wins", while the other side says "The Voters Lose."
With the exception of a scant few, most in D.C. do not want to make waves as they have sold their souls and our nation to either George Soros or Grover Norquist, or in some cases, to both,
Hard working Americans in pursuit of the fabled American Dream have been involved with family, personal goals and trivial pursuits. They, with eyes focused on, and a faith in a better future for all, have been outflanked by those who have betrayed that future for a mere thirty pieces of silver.
Now, that future is our cross to bear.
How about the truth? But that's the one thing that Obama doesn't give anyone. You can have made up stories about his agonizing quest to come to terms with being a half-black half-hippie space alien, but don't ask him what he's actually going to do a year from now or whom, if anyone, he's loyal to. If you want a speech that invokes the Gettysburg Address and the time that his white grandmother said something racist, he can have that for you in 15 minutes or less. But don't ask him why he violated every promise that he ever made, often more than once.
Jon Swaine, Tale of British brutality toward Barack Obama's grandfather probably untrue, book claims, 18 June 2012.
The story of how the President's grandfather was jailed by British troops in 1949 and brutally whipped for aiding the violent struggle for Kenyan independence is probably untrue, a new book has concluded.
I wonder how many Kenyans (and Zimbabweans) would prefer it if they hadn't become independent? Probably best to ask that question again in a few decades, when Kenya has been Islamised.
So was he a 'freedom fighter', or just somebody pissing in the pool?
It could be from the sound of it like BHO was feed a story by his grandfather, which he has believed without question, and this story has clouded the judgement of a man who is head of the most powerful coountry in the world.
Hes cool towards britian because of a big ole fib by his grandad. How wonderful.
Obama looking across the pond for donations...
By the way, Alan, I think that this discussion is an excellent idea. Wish I'd thought of it.
Mark Steyn gets into the ring to deliver a few nice jabs and hooks ; http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/memoir-360243-obama-fake.html
The white girlfriends Obama erased from his past: How the President airbrushed his romantic history to burnish his credentials as a black leader.
'But now, in a blistering new biography, Pulitzer-prize-winning journalist David Maraniss has pulled his exes out of the shadows.
'In so doing, he has revealed an unflattering picture of a president so desperate to sell an image of himself as a pioneering race warrior that he has air-brushed many of the ‘white’ elements from his life — including that string of well-heeled, well-educated white girlfriends.