It takes a nation to protect the nation
This forum is for news items and comments on President Obama. Here's a movie and an article to get started.
You can also get the movie on DVD: http://www.lovefilm.com/film/Obamas-America-2016/193938/
David Barton - 02/29/2012
When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.
Listed below in chronological order are (1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations; (2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military; (3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally (4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisors guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.
1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:
2. Acts of hostility from the Obama-led military toward people of Biblical faith:
3. Acts of hostility toward Biblical values:
4. Acts of preferentialism for Islam:
Many of these actions are literally unprecedented – this is the first time they have happened in four centuries of American history. The hostility of President Obama toward Biblical faith and values is without equal from any previous American president.
1. Sarah Pulliam Baily, "Obama: ‘They cling to guns or religion’," Christianity Today, April 13, 2008. (Return)
2. Aliza Marcus, "Obama to Lift ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers,"Bloomberg, February 27, 2009; Sarah Pulliam Baily, "Obama Admin. Changes Bush ‘Conscience’ Rule for Health Workers," Christianity Today, February 18, 2011. (Return)
3. Jim Lovino, "Jesus Missing From Obama’s Georgetown Speech," NBC Washington, April 17, 2009. (Return)
4. Johanna Neuman, “Obama end Bush-era National Prayer Day Service at White House," Los Angeles Times, May 7, 2009. (Return)
5. Chris McGreal, “Vatican vetoes Barack Obama’s nominees for U.S. Ambassador,” The Guardian, April 14, 2009. (Return)
6. Meredith Jessup, “Obama Continues to Omit ‘Creator’ From Declaration of Independence,” The Blaze, October 19, 2010. (Return)
7. "Remarks by the President at the University of Indonesia in Jakarta,...," The White House, November 10, 2010. (Return)
8. LadyImpactOhio, " Feds sued by Veterans to allow stolen Mojave Desert Cross to be re...," Red State, January 14, 2011. (Return)
9. Marrianne Medlin, “Amid criticism, President Obama moves to fill vacant religious amba...,” Catholic News Agency, February 9, 2011; Thomas F. Farr, “Undefender of the Faith,” Foreign Policy, April 5, 2012. (Return)
10. Chris Johnson, “ENDA passage effort renewed with Senate introduction,”Washington Blade, April 15, 2011. (Return)
11. Chuck Donovan, “HHS’s New Health Guidelines Trample on Conscience,”Heritage Foundation, August 2, 2011. (Return)
12. Todd Starns, “Obama Administration Opposes FDR Prayer at WWII Memorial,” Fox News, November 4, 2011. (Return)
13. Joel Siegel, “Obama Omits God From Thanksgiving Speech, Riles Critics,”ABC News, November 25, 2011. (Return)
14. Hillary Rodham Clinton, “Remarks in Recognition of International Human Rights Day,” U.S. Department of State, December 6, 2011. (Return)
15. Ted Olson, “Church Wins Firing Case at Supreme Court,” Christianity Today, January 11, 2012. (Return)
16. Audrey Hudson, “Obama administration religious service for student loan forgiveness,” Human Events, February 15, 2012. (Return)
17. “Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban of ‘God...,” Fox News, June 29, 2011. (Return)
18. Jason Ukman, “Air Force suspends ethics course that used Bible passages that trai...,” Washington Post, August 2, 2011.(Return)
19. "Maintaining Government Neutrality Regarding Religion," Department of the Air Force, September 1, 2011. (Return)
20. "Wounded, Ill, and Injured Partners in Care Guidelines," Department of the Navy (accessed on February 29, 2012). (Return)
21. "Air Force Academy Backs Away from Christmas Charity," Fox News Radio, November 4, 2011. (Return)
22. Jenny Dean, "Air Force Academy adapts to pagans, druids, witches and Wiccans," Los Angeles Times, November 26, 2011. (Return)
23. Ken Blackwell, "Gen. Boykin Blocked At West Point," cnsnews.com, February 1, 2012. (Return)
24. Geoff Herbert, " Air Force unit removes 'God' from logo; lawmakers warn of 'dangerou...," syracuse.com, February 9, 2012. (Return)
25. Todd Starnes, "Army Silences Catholic Chaplains," Fox News Radio, February 6, 2012. (Return)
26. Markeshia Ricks, "Bible checklist for Air Force lodges going away," Air Force Times, April 16, 2012. (Return)
27. Patrick Goodenough, "White House 'Strongly Objects' to Legislation Protecting Military C...," cnsnews.com, May 16, 2012. (Return)
28. "U.S. military insignia no longer allowed on Bibles," One News Now, June 14, 2012. (Return)
29. Jeff Mason and Deborah Charles, "Obama lifts restrictions on abortion funding," Reuters, January 23, 2009. (Return)
30. "Obama pick: Taxpayers must fund abortions," World Net Daily, January 27, 2009. (Return)
31. Steven Ertelt, "Pro-Life Groups Left Off Obama’s Health Care Summit List, Abortion ...," LifeNews, March 5, 2009. (Return)
32. " Obama Signs Order Lifting Restrictions on Stem Cell Research Funding,"Fox News, March 9, 2009. (Return)
33. Steven Ertelt, “ Obama Administration Announces $50 Million for Pro-Forced Abortion...,” LifeNews, March 26, 2009; Steven Ertelt, "President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation," LifeNews, February 11, 2012. (Return)
34. Steven Ertelt, "Barack Obama’s Federal Budget Eliminates Funding for Abstinence-Onl...," LifeNews, May 8, 2009. (Return)
35. Steven Ertelt, "Obama Budget Funds Sex Ed Over Abstinence on 16-1 Margin," LifeNews, February 14, 2011. (Return)
36. Steven Ertelt, "Obama Admin Terrorism Dictionary Calls Pro-Life Advocates Violent, ...," LifeNews, May 5, 2009. (Return)
37. "Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies,"The White House, June 17, 2009. (Return)
38. Matt Cover, "Obama’s EEOC Nominee: Society Should ‘Not Tolerate Private Beliefs’...," cnsnews.com, January 18, 2010. (Return)
39. Tess Civantos, "White House Spent $23M of Taxpayer Money to Back Kenyan Constitutio...," Fox News, July 22, 2010. (Return)
40. Steven Ertelt, "Obama, Congress Cut Funding for 176 Abstinence Programs Despite New...," LifeNews, August 26, 2010. (Return)
41. Steven Ertelt, "President Barack Obama’s Pro-Abortion Record: A Pro-Life Compilation," LifeNews, February 11, 2012. (Return)
42. Brian Montopoli, "Obama administration will no longer defend DOMA,"CBSNews, February 23, 2011. (Return)
43. Steven Ertelt, "Obama Admin Ignores Planned Parenthood Sex Trafficking Videos," LifeNews, March 2, 2011. (Return)
44. Elisabeth Bumiller, "Obama Ends ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ Policy," New York Times, July 22, 2011; George Washington, The Writings of George Washington, John C. Fitzpatrick, editor (Washington: U. S. Government Printing Office, 1934), Vol. XI, pp. 83-84, from General Orders at Valley Forge on March 14, 1778. (Return)
45. Luis Martinez, "Will Same Sex Marriages Pose a Dilemma for Military Chaplains?," ABC News, October 12, 2011. (Return)
<name="fn46">46. Jerry Markon, "Health, abortion issues split Obama administration and Catholic groups," Washington Post, October 31, 2011. (Return)
47. Barack Obama, “ Remarks by the President at Iftar Dinner,” The White House, September 1, 2009; Kristi Keck, “ Obama tones down National Day of Prayer observance,” CNN, May 6, 2009; Dan Gilgoff, “ The White House on National Day of Prayer: A Proclamation, but No ...,” U.S. News, May 1, 2009. (Return)
48. "Franklin Graham Regrets Army's Decision to Rescind Invite to Pentag...," Fox News, April 22, 2010. (Return)
49. “Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document,”Fox News, April 7, 2010; "Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'," Fox News, May 27, 2010; "'Islamic Radicalism' Nixed From Obama Document," CBSNews, April 7, 2010. (Return)
50. Chuck Norris, “ President Obama: Muslim Missionary? (Part 2),”Townhall.com, August 24, 2010; Chuck Norris, "President Obama: Muslim Missionary?," Townhall.com, August 17, 2010.(Return)
51. Barack Obama, “Remarks by the President at Iftar Dinner,” The White House, August 13, 2010; "Obama Comes Out in Favor of Allowing Mosque Near Ground Zero," Fox News, August 13, 2010; Pamela Geller, "Islamic Supremacism Trumps Christianity at Ground Zero," American Thinker, July 21, 2011. (Return)
52. "WH Fails to Release Easter Proclamation," Fox Nation, April 25, 2011; "President Obama ignores most holy Christian holiday; AFA calls act ...," American Family Association (accessed on February 29, 2012).(Return)
53. "Report: Obama’s Muslim Advisers Block Middle Eastern Christians’ Ac...," Big Peace (accessed on February 29, 2012). (Return)
54. Masoud Popalzai and Nick Paton Walsh, “ Obama apologizes to Afghanistan for Quran burning,” CNN, February 23, 2012; "USA/Afghanistan-Islamophobia: Pentagon official apologizes for Qura...," International Islamic News Agency (accessed on February 29, 2012). (Return)
55. "Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan," CNN, May 22, 2009. (Return)
Angry young man.
Nothing to do with the 4 Freedoms, but a piece of news that needs more visibility. While Obama plays golf and parties, other world actors are carving out new spheres of control. It's not just ISIS/Boko Haram/Jamaat Islamiya/etc.
A brilliant summary of Obamas failures and character defects by Victor Davis Hanson:
I love his line about..."the Syrian “red line” written in disappearing ink"
I would also love to sit down at a table with Victor David Hanson and a moderately sized bottle of Southern Comfort and have a long talk with him about history. His remark "This reality means that prestige, what commentators from Thucydides to the Founders called “honor,” is critical for a successful foreign policy." is very revealing about Hanson's character. Thucydides was far and away the greatest historian of that era. Homer was quite entertaining in his sagas, as was Herodotus in his account of historical events, but both introduced the gods as viable players in the events current in those days. Thucydides, on the other hand, did not invoke the supernatural in his 'History of the Peloponnesian War'. He simply told it like it was...My kind of historian.
Hanson also tells us "Being respected and feared is more important than being liked or admired. Moreover, confidence in the principles, beliefs, and virtues that define the state are also important for prestige. A state that shows in word and deed that it believes its foundational political beliefs and ideals are better than the alternative is more respected than one that thinks its way of life is no better than any other. For if it isn’t, then why should one fight, kill, and die for it?"
Now those are words of wisdom! Then he hits us with the following:
"Obama and the progressives know nothing of the lessons history teaches. Thinking that we have somehow evolved beyond the eternal truths of a flawed human nature, they dismiss such traditional wisdom as lacking “nuance” or being “simplistic,” an irrational relic of our benighted past that enlightened sophisticates such as themselves have progressed beyond. They fail to realize that the wealth and leisure that allows them to afford such therapeutic delusions, at least for a while, were won by people much different from themselves, people who knew that war is a constant, not an aberration, of human life, a necessity for protecting the goods that uniquely define us––freedom, human rights, the innate worth of the individual, and a political order marked by law, open deliberation, the transparency of power, and accountability at the ballot box."
Closing thought: Referring to VDH's efforts as 'Brilliant' is somewhat redundant. Were he not brilliant, you and I would not waste precious time in reading his thoughts!
On Tuesday, April 21, the White House announced that it would again, for the seventh year since Obama’s pledge, not use the word “genocide,” [with ref to the Armenian genocide committed by Turkey] thereby disappointing many human rights activists.
Writes the New York Times:
The president’s continued resistance to the word stood in contrast to a stance by Pope Francis, who recently called the massacres “the first genocide of the 20th century” and equated them to mass killings by the Nazis and Soviets. The European Parliament, which first recognized the genocide in 1987, passed a resolution last week calling on Turkey to “come to terms with its past.”
The Armenian National Committee of America responded by saying “The president’s surrender represents a national disgrace. It is a betrayal of the truth, and it is a betrayal of trust.” The Armenian Assembly of America said “His failure to use the term genocide represents a major blow for human rights advocates.”
Wake up Obama! China is going to take over the whole South China Sea. Oh, I see, you're too busy playing golf and worrying about your substitute son, Trayvon Martin.
No end in sight for the humiliation brought to this nation, and humiliation is nothing compared to the destruction planned by Obama and his allies.
The media has been atwitter with Al-Qaida’s Ayman al-Zawahri’s insult of Obama by calling him the house Negro. What he actually said was abeed al-beit. Abeed is not just a slave, but a black slave. Islam’s refined doctrine of slavery includes over 40 words for slaves, including the slave’s race. If you were white, you would be a mamluk, a white slave.
Mohammed and his wife owned black slaves, along with every other kind of slave, including sex slaves. Mohammed’s favorite sexual partner at one time was a white slave, Mary, a Coptic Christian.
Zawahri’s insult was pure Islam. The Koran is filled with insults and curses by Allah. Insults and curses are part of Islamic logic. Kafir (non-Muslim) logic advances an argument by analogy, syllogisms, cause and effect–scientific logic. Islamic logic is based upon making you submit to Islam. Therefore repeated force, threats and insults are all part of the logic of simply overpowering the other. This is similar to a thug using brute force and yelling to “persuade” the vicitm.
The Koran instructs Muslims on how to use insults and curses against kafirs:
74:16 No, I [Allah] say. He is an enemy of Our revelations. I will impose a dreadful punishment on him because he plotted and planned.
74:19 Damn him! How he planned. Again, Damn him! How he planned.
And here we have the Koran insulting Jews by calling them apes (a favorite insult by Muslims about Jews):
7:156 But when they [the Jews] persisted in what they had been forbidden, We said to them, “Be as apes, despised and loathed.”
Here we have Mohammed repeating the insult when he attacked the Bin Qurayza Jews of Medina:
Ishaq note 684: Mohammed called upon his troops, and they headed for the Jews. Mohammed rode up to the forts and called out, “You brothers of apes, has Allah disgraced you and brought His vengeance upon you?”
Mohammed and Allah repeatedly insulted others who didn’t agree with Mohammed. The worst insult is kafir. Most Korans translate this word as unbeliever, but that is a neutral term. The Koran goes further to say that Allah hates kafirs and plots against them. Over half of the Koran is written about kafirs and it is uniformly negative. Kafirs may be murdered, tortured, enslave, raped, robbed, insulted and deceived with impunity.
Zawahri’s insult of Obama is an insult by a person. However, it is not a person, but Allah, the creator of the universe and the sole deity that says that I am a kafir. That is not a personal insult, but a universal, omnipotent, sacred insult. Kafirs are lower than animals.
So when a Muslim comes home from work and says to his wife that he met a nice kafir today, the insult is so deeply ingrained, that he does not even think about it. After all, both Mohammed and Allah say that those who do not believe in Mohammed are kafirs, “the lowest of the low.”
But what is interesting is how Zawahri’s insult does not rub off on Islam. After all, Zawahri is called a radical Muslim, not a “real” Muslim. Therefore, what he says does not trouble people about Islam. Zawahri is not a radical Muslim, but one who follows the Islam of Medina, the violent Islam. He is a moderate Muslim of the Medinan sort, a 100% Muslim.
What if a white Christian Republican said the same thing? The media would not be atwitter, but in full outrage. This would be headline, long-lasting news. Not only would the white Christian speaker be condemned, but all white people and all Christians. Not only would the speaker have personal guilt, but also every group he was a member of would share in corporate guilt. But no Muslims will be condemned because of Zawahri’s slur. Muslims do not share in corporate guilt.
Another oddity is that some Obama supporters may think that since he has been insulted by a Muslim it proves that he is not in the Islamic camp. Such thinking ignores the fact that the person most apt to insult a Muslim is another Muslim. In the same way, a Muslim is much more apt to be killed by another Muslim than by a kafir. Once you get into the insult, curse and kill business, it is hard to limit it to kafirs.
There is some good news for Obama’s supporters. He may have been called “house Negro” (and actually the N-word is a better translation for abeed than Negro) but at least he was not called Hussein.
Defense to offense: China unveils new military strategy to boost naval capability
Obama is going to leave such a mess. The Iranians will have a nuclear bomb, then nobody will be able to take it away from them, or dare attack them. The Chinese will dominate the whole South China Sea, and any attempt to dismantle the fortified sea bases they have constructed will trigger a level of warfare that the US population simply can't stomach.
This is just what I've been saying for the last few posts in this forum:
Why the Next President Will Face a Dangerous Predicament Abroad
From a friend on FB:
President Obama and the politicians and bureaucrats in Washington care more about power, wealth and their own selfish desires than they do about our country and its citizens.
The Washington Establishment has created the worst recession since the Great Depression ...
cut $700 Billion from Medicare under Obamacare ... destroyed our privacy rights by spying on every phone call, email and fax communication ... endangered our Constitutional rights under the First, Second, Fourth, and other amendments...and much more. They've even threatened to nationalize whole industries by Executive Order alone.
And there's something else. On Friday, March 16, 2012 America ceased being a Republic and became a dictatorship in one swipe of a pen. That dark day Obama committed the boldest assault on America since the Revolutionary War - while Americans weren't looking.
Barack Hussein Obama quietly gave himself the power to impose Martial Law, bypassing both the Constitution and Congress through Executive Order.
Executive Order No. 13603 - Obama's National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order-gives Barack Hussein Obama unprecedented power to bring about socialism in America and create a regime so powerful, so vile, it is Soviet-like in nature.
Martial Law can and will happen whenever he chooses. It may happen one fateful night while we sleep - he can manufacture a crisis to make it happen.
And when it does, we will find ourselves waking up to a complete police state and news that Obama has declared himself supreme dictator over all the land.