The 4 Freedoms Library

It takes a nation to protect the nation

Of course, Al Beebazeera says that white Britons have left London because outside London people are paid more money (when everyone knows that is patently false).

A friend of mine told me about this story yesterday, and all the hostile (but honest) comments on it.  I told him "go back tomorrow, and all those honest comments will have been deleted".  He phoned me today to tell me I was right (I never bother to comment on news items on this website from The Ministry of Truth).

Looking at the demographic shifts, there are some interesting conflicts brewing ahead.  It seems that inner London is seeing an influx of white people, whilst the ring around inner London is becoming increasingly non-white.  I relish the day when the rich white people in inner London recognise they are trapped, and start campaigning for a wall to be erected around them (pretty much like the wall Israel has had to construct).

Why have the white British left London?

Something quite remarkable happened in London in the first decade of the new millennium. The number of white British people in the capital fell by 620,000 - equivalent to the entire population of Glasgow moving out.

The consequence, as revealed by the latest census, is that white Brits are now in a minority in London, making up just 45% of its residents.

So where have they gone to - and why did they leave?

I've been analysing and mapping the census data, and what emerges is a much more positive story than some headlines would make you think.

The movement of the white British is often characterised as white flight - the indigenous population forced out of their neighbourhoods by foreign migrants. That may be part of the story, but I think the evidence suggests it is also about working class aspiration and economic success.

Trying to track internal migrants is never easy. Just because the population of one place has fallen and another has risen does not mean residents moved between them. But there are some clues as to where London's white British migrated to between the censuses of 2001 and 2011.

While the capital's white British population fell by 620,000, the white British population in the rest of England and Wales increased by 220,000. (The overall fall of 400,000 is explained by a low birth rate and emigration.)

These maps show the change to the white British population in local authorities in England and Wales between 2001 and 2011. (Click between the three headings to see how the white British population is seemingly shifting around the country.)

Ten largest decreases in white British population. Newham 37.5%,Ealing 23.8%, Waltham Forest 23.6%, Barking and Dagenham 30.6%, Slough 30.3%, Redbridge 29.8%, Harrow 28.5%, Brent 27.3%, Enfield 24.5%, Luton 24.4%
Ten largest decreases in white British population outside London. Wolverhampton 9.7%, Coventry -10.4%, Rushmoor -10.5%, Birmingham -11.1%, Watford -11.4%, Reading -11.8%, Leicester -12.3%, Oadby and Wigston -13.1%, Luton -24.4%, Slough -30.3%
Ten largest increases in white British population. South Derbyshire 13.7%, North Kesteven 13.0%, Uttlesford 11.8%, East Northamptonshire 10.9%, West Lindsey 10.7%, East Cambridgeshire 9.7%, Mid Suffolk 9.7%, South Norfolk 9.7%, Mid Devon 9.5%, Forest Heath 8.8%

London's dramatic loss of white British residents is represented by a splash of yellow and orange. Outside the capital, the dominant blues tell a story of an increasing white British population. In some places the rise is quite marked.

The dozen authorities with the highest percentage increase in the white British population are almost all found in eastern England. Only mid-Devon falls outside a horseshoe of largely rural authorities extending south and east from the Fens.

It would appear that, in the first decade of the 21st Century, the dream of escaping to the country became a reality for tens of thousands of urban white Britons. But did they leave willingly or were they forced to move?

To find out, I have been to Barking and Dagenham, a London borough which has seen a phenomenal change in its cultural make-up over the past decade or so. In 2001, the census records that more than 80% of residents were white British. By 2011, it was statistically in the minority - just 49% of people in the area described themselves as white and British.

The story of Barking and Dagenham is the story of the white working class EastEnders. In the 1920s and 30s, tens of thousands of families were moved out of the inner city slums and into the huge council estates which had been built in the borough.

The 27,000 houses on the Becontree estate were described as homes for heroes, often allocated to the families of World War I servicemen. Another wave of Cockney sparrows built their nests in the area, having been bombed out of the East End during the Blitz in WWII.

This was a real step up for many families. Their new homes had indoor toilets and often a small garden. When Ford opened its giant plant at Dagenham in 1931, tens of thousands of jobs provided income security in the midst of profound economic depression.

Although Barking and Dagenham's population declined slightly in the 1960s and 70s, the last years of the 20th Century saw it rise again. Many families took advantage of the right to buy their council house at 30% of its market value - at least two-thirds of the Becontree estate was sold to the private sector.

In 2000, the borough was among the very few places in Greater London where you could still buy a three-bedroom house for under £100,000. The capital's buoyant property market meant that anyone who got on the housing ladder would see their home become a valuable investment during the first 10 years of the new millennium.

The decade also saw the Ford plant contract and ultimately the company announced it was closing down. The economic engine of the borough was being switched off, leading many of the local people to think about their future. In the first 10 years of the new century, the number of full-time jobs in Barking and Dagenham fell by a quarter.

For many white British households, the 2000s had left them without a job but with a sizeable chunk of capital in their home. Some had also benefited from redundancy pay-outs and pension deals offered by Ford. It was a cue for the families who had left London's East End in the middle of the 20th Century to move on again at the start of the 21st.

A closer look at London reveals how many neighbourhoods in the outer boroughs have seen significant falls in the white British population - Newham, Brent, Haringey, Enfield, Ealing, Hounslow, Merton and Lewisham almost form a ring around the capital. Only the affluent boroughs of Richmond and Kingston along the river to the west prevent the completion of the orange doughnut.

Change in white British population in London between 2001 and 2011

Ten largest decreases in white British population. Newham 37.5%,Ealing 23.8%, Waltham Forest 23.6%, Barking and Dagenham 30.6%, Slough 30.3%, Redbridge 29.8%, Harrow 28.5%, Brent 27.3%, Enfield 24.5%, Luton 24.4%
Ten largest decreases in white British population outside London. Wolverhampton 9.7%, Coventry -10.4%, Rushmoor -10.5%, Birmingham -11.1%, Watford -11.4%, Reading -11.8%, Leicester -12.3%, Oadby and Wigston -13.1%, Luton -24.4%, Slough -30.3%

Inner London saw some places losing the white British population, but quite a number - coloured blue - bucked the trend and recorded an increase.

Even central boroughs that experienced a decline in white British may have seen an increase in the number of white residents. Kensington and Chelsea recorded 17,300 fewer white British residents but the category "white other" now makes up 28% of the local population. The immigrants here are rich white Europeans and Russians.

It is a different story in Barking and Dagenham.

The people moving into the borough tend to be of black African heritage. I was introduced to Victor and Victoria, whose parents came to Britain from Ghana in the 50s. He works for London Transport and she is a nurse in the NHS - typical of the professional black families who've arrived from inner London to take advantage of available housing as the borough's white residents leave.

With a time-lapse camera, it would appear that London is pulsing as generations and ethnic groups move up and move out.

On Dagenham's main shopping street, I met a number of white locals who were planning to leave the borough. One male pensioner was hoping to relocate to Clacton - a seaside town on the Essex coast now nicknamed Little Dagenham. A local councillor told me how his parents had sold up and bought a large cottage with a quarter-acre of garden in Lincolnshire. Another woman says she had her eyes set on a little cottage in Leigh-on-Sea near Southend.

Leigh is a particular favourite. Many residents from Barking and Dagenham will have taken the train along the Thames Estuary towards Southend on a work excursion - the old beano to the seaside. Some still do, looking out of the window as the industrial landscape gives way to green fields and open wetlands teeming with birds.

Over the past decade or so, towns along the railway line between Fenchurch St and Shoeburyness have seen significant increases to the white British population. In Westcliff, part of Southend, I met a family who recently cashed in their three-bedroom house in Barking for a six-bedroom home by the sea. They keep bumping into old school friends, realising that they were joining a sizeable population of migrants from the borough.

The years between the last two censuses have witnessed significant cultural change in London, particularly in the outer boroughs. Some white British may have moved because their neighbourhood has been culturally transformed, the tea rooms and restaurants replaced by takeaway chicken shops and halal supermarkets serving the new arrivals.

But there is also a story here of white working class families that escaped from the slums and bombed-out East End in the middle of the last century, found new opportunities in London's outer boroughs and then, in the past decade - often having prospered from the housing boom and the capital's economic growth - cashed in their assets and bought themselves that little cottage in the countryside or by the sea.

It is a story of aspiration. It is a story of success.

Tags: flight, islamisation, london, multiculturalism, white

Views: 1746

Replies to This Discussion

Muslim website says muslim population of UK is closer to 12% than 5%.

The author (a university lecturer) is at a loss to explain how the number of muslims doubles every decade.  He seems oblivious to the information that around 60% of muslims import a spouse from Pakistan or Bangladesh.  And that most of the German Somali community has moved to the UK.  And that England is the destination of choice of "asylum seekers" who make their way from Afghanistan across land to the English Channel.

The deluded fool thinks that conversion by non-muslims is a more significant factor.  Looking at his profile, it's clear he's a muslim, and he's practising dawah. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-leon-moosavi/

http://www.iviews.com/Articles/articles.asp?ref=HP1212-5352

Figures from the 2011 census show that the Muslim population in the UK has substantially risen between 2001 and 2011 from 1.5 million to almost 3 million. This now takes the proportion of Muslims from 2% of the population to 5%. In some towns, Muslims make up almost 50% of the population, and in large cities like London and Manchester they make up around 14% of the population. But why has the number of Muslims risen so much and what are the implications?

There are several reasons why the number of Muslims has doubled. Some of these are more obvious than others. For example, it is widely known that Muslims have a higher birth rate than people of other faiths meaning younger generations are made up of higher proportions of Muslims. It is also apparent that many Muslim societies are dominated by conflict which has led to a significant number of Muslims seeking more secure prospects in the UK from Muslim nations like Somalia and Afghanistan.

The presence of an existing Muslim population has also played a role in encouraging Muslims to come to the UK. Prospective migrants know they will find relatives, friends or a prospective community well established here. One could go even further back and consider the colonial relationship that Britain had with many Muslim countries that triggered the mass chain migration of Muslims and others more than 50 years ago that has led to the steady flow of migrants coming to the UK.

One of the little understood reasons for the growth in the number of Muslims in the UK relates to the growing number of Britons who are choosing to convert to Islam. There are estimations that hundreds of Britons convert to Islam every month which certainly contributes to the steadily increasing number of Muslims. These conversions are triggered by a combination of increasing missionary activity by Muslims but also by a seemingly widened disaffection with Christianity. It comes as no surprise then that while the number of Muslims are rising, the number of Christians are declining. Quite simply, some Christians are converting to Islam.

The final significant reason for the growth in the number of Muslims relates to identity politics. During the last decade, following 9/11 and during the 'War on Terror', Muslims have increasingly felt under pressure to defend themselves and be proactive in defining themselves. There has been a widespread sentiment that extremists have been allowed to hijack Islam.

Muslims often express a feeling that the media and politicians have been complicit in allowing Muslim identity to be connected to extremism. As a result, in 2011 compared to 2001, there are many more Muslims who take pride in labelling themselves as Muslims because they want to resist the Islamophobic discourses which have surrounded Muslim identities in recent years. Perhaps unexpectedly, when an identity is attacked, those who are categorised as belonging to that group are often likely to assert themselves as part of that group, rather than shy away from it.

Yet, the prevalence of Islamophobia in the post-9/11 world may mean some people who filled in the 2011 census were still reluctant to identify as Muslims. There is therefore a possibility that the number of Muslims is notably higher than the 5%, especially when it is recognised that 7% of the population abstained from stating their religious belief. How many of these 7% are Muslim is impossible to know, but there is a chance that many of them are, who avoided declaring themselves as Muslims due to fear of discrimination.

So what does the growth in the number of Muslims mean? Inevitably, the Far Right will claim we are witnessing the 'Islamification of Britain'. More sober minded people will rightfully recognise that this is not occurring whatsoever. Muslims are still a small minority in British society, but a noticeable one. The large number of Muslim residents, most of whom are citizens who hold a British passport, are entitled to vote and pay their taxes, should be respected as a significant part of the nation who may have unique needs, but who also have a unique contribution to make to the nation.

All the indicating factors suggest that the growth of the Muslim population is certainly not declining, is unlikely to be stabilising and if anything, is going to continue to grow in the future. By the next census Muslims may even double again and make up 10% of the population. These statistics encourage us to think more carefully about the provisions made for British Muslims and the ways in which they are an integral part of the nation.

Antony posted this link on 4F, but I thought it should be here too: in the last elections in London, only 1/5th of white Britons living in London voted Labour.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/only-one-in-five-white-brit...

What was it Labourite Andrew Neather revealed in 2009?  That Labour had a deliberate policy of population replacement.

Immigration, he wrote, “didn't just happen: the deliberate policy of ministers from late 2000 until at least February last year, when the Government introduced a points-based system, was to open up the UK to mass migration.”

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/national/labour-party-party-people-just-...

Labour knew that immigrants would more than likely vote Labour, so they imported an electorate.  This would enable Labour to maintain their hold of urban areas in general.

Let's think about this in the context of the maps earlier in this thread, showing how the Balkanization process is happening in London: white people are leaving London or gathering in increasingly white areas, and non-white populations are gathering (with the single largest group having an political identity around islam) in increasingly non-white areas.

And even of those white Londoners who are not leaving London, most are not voting for Labour.  But on the whole, the immigrants are.

I wonder: do these stats reflect cultural enrichment?

It is quite possible that in the next few hundred years these lovely English,British place names will have been exchanged with Arabic names. The language will of course be Arabic and as is already the trend everyone will have an Arab name. The island will probably be called Britistan.

I saw another map that goes with this series: the % of people in England who can't speak English.  1 million people. So that's probably 2 million of those of working age.  The removals company I used when I moved house didn't know what the word "fragile" meant - probably the most important word for them to know.  All the people I dealt with up until the move were English spakears, then the blokes sent along couldn't speak English (one could not speak a word of it).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11728549/Reveale...

Amazing to think that in places like Ealing and Slough around 8% of the population can't speak English. The home of Ealing comedies, the town immortalised by Betjeman.

Having left one of those foreign multicultural enclaves, it is like being in another country, living outside of them.

One of the things I think we as a society fail to realise, is the immigrant (mostly muslim) corridor growing up around east London.  When you look at the places where the white British are evacuating over the period covered by the 2011 Census, around 30% left the boroughs of Newham, Redbridge & Barking/Dagenham.  (Something similar is happening over in NW London).  These are massive population shifts. And they must represent a process that will need to the near total cleansing of white people from those areas.

London is going to be bisected not only by the Thames, but by a band of non-white residents, running from Slough through to Dagenham.

The BBC have since removed these maps on demographics/race from the story which began this discussion.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

Incredible.  If you ever doubted the value of archiving pages, this should prove the need to do it.

As it happened, I just archived the latest page from Paul Williams blog.  I'm doing this ad hoc now, when I have a hunch something is valuable, but is held on enemy territory.

Can you imagine a newspaper headline from, say, 1955 that read "White Britons Have Left London". Even just the thought of it was unthinkable. The British are abandoning their nation's capital. I was very much aware that I was English and that I lived in England and that there was a distinct English culture. It is what we fought and were prepared to die for "This England", and would have sworn an oath to defend this nation against all foes both foreign and domestic. We were part of the alliance of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

This is no longer true. If you ask a soldier to fight to defend his country, he is likely to ask "Which country?"

Okay, things cannot last for ever, but some things ought to. It sounds good on paper that anyone can come and go anywhere and call themselves whatever they want. But if I move to China and call myself Chinese, is it true? So I do not believe that just anybody can move to Britain and call themselves British.

If the BBC was put into a court of law to give evidence they would have to swear: "I swear by whatever that the evidence I shall give shall be part of the truth not the whole of the truth and anything but the truth".

Knife crime in London.  The boroughs where white people are fleeing (with exception of Leftists going to Hackney) have far lower levels of knife crime. 

Table of London Knife Crime Offences by Borough 2007 – 2013

BOROUGH Knife Crime 2007-08 Knife Crime 2008-09 Knife Crime 2009-10 Knife Crime 2010-11 Knife Crime 2011-12 Knife Crime 2012-13
Barking and Dagenham 384 354 397 391 460 320
Barnet 364 340 404 357 393 404
Bexley 170 193 136 154 161 132
Brent 623 504 547 512 575 353 (-38.6%)
Bromley 265 323 286 282 276 232
Camden 474 318 349 426 440 275 (-37.5%)
Croydon 595 491 542 508 566 606 (+7.4%)
Ealing 585 489 567 528 503 487
Enfield 554 446 533 577 514 430
Greenwich 509 414 373 435 399 271 (-32.1%)
Hackney 660 548 509 539 507 387
Hammersmith and Fulham 372 277 304 307 286 209
Haringey 633 505 495 490 554 449
Harrow 215 216 181 190 221 195
Havering 187 203 205 222 231 176
Heathrow Airport 1 0 0 0
Hillingdon 367 342 266 262 336 289
Hounslow 345 25 262 335 341 298
Islington 445 464 409 443 544 338
Kensington and Chelsea 194 185 150 159 166 159
Kingston upon Thames 133 137 116 101 106 96
Lambeth 719 662 692 819 1010 661 (-34.6%)
Lewisham 580 498 498 650 674 486
Merton 218 177 239 223 299 198
Newham 980 597 788 774 762 680
Redbridge 396 407 316 307 432 341
Richmond upon Thames 109 75 97 80 100 100
Southwark 827 725 880 961 917 953 (+4%)
Sutton 182 182 163 150 130 120
Tower Hamlets 556 481 433 496 630 576
Waltham Forest 631 545 618 625 602 456
Wandsworth 383 365 404 448 396 353
Westminster 536 529 458 575 637 342 (-46.3%)
TOTAL per financial year 14192 12347 12617 13326 14169 11376 (-19.7%)

source CitizensReportUK.org FOI to MPS 2013.

http://www.citizensreportuk.org/news/2013/06/25/london-knife-crime-...

Here's another map of London. This is by 2nd language. 

RSS

Page Monitor

Just fill in the box below on any 4F page to be notified when it changes.

Privacy & Unsubscribe respected

Muslim Terrorism Count

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

Mission Overview

Most Western societies are based on Secular Democracy, which itself is based on the concept that the open marketplace of ideas leads to the optimum government. Whilst that model has been very successful, it has defects. The 4 Freedoms address 4 of the principal vulnerabilities, and gives corrections to them. 

At the moment, one of the main actors exploiting these defects, is Islam, so this site pays particular attention to that threat.

Islam, operating at the micro and macro levels, is unstoppable by individuals, hence: "It takes a nation to protect the nation". There is not enough time to fight all its attacks, nor to read them nor even to record them. So the members of 4F try to curate a representative subset of these events.

We need to capture this information before it is removed.  The site already contains sufficient information to cover most issues, but our members add further updates when possible.

We hope that free nations will wake up to stop the threat, and force the separation of (Islamic) Church and State. This will also allow moderate Muslims to escape from their totalitarian political system.

The 4 Freedoms

These 4 freedoms are designed to close 4 vulnerabilities in Secular Democracy, by making them SP or Self-Protecting (see Hobbes's first law of nature). But Democracy also requires - in addition to the standard divisions of Executive, Legislature & Judiciary - a fourth body, Protector of the Open Society (POS), to monitor all its vulnerabilities (see also Popper). 
1. SP Freedom of Speech
Any speech is allowed - except that advocating the end of these freedoms
2. SP Freedom of Election
Any party is allowed - except one advocating the end of these freedoms
3. SP Freedom from Voter Importation
Immigration is allowed - except where that changes the political demography (this is electoral fraud)
4. SP Freedom from Debt
The Central Bank is allowed to create debt - except where that debt burden can pass across a generation (25 years).

An additional Freedom from Religion is deducible if the law is applied equally to everyone:

• Religious and cultural activities are exempt from legal oversight except where they intrude into the public sphere (Res Publica)"

© 2021   Created by Netcon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service