The 4 Freedoms Library

It takes a nation to protect the nation

Islamists Threaten Humanists at Queen Mary, University of London (Correction: Muslims NOT Islamists)

Readers of Harry’s Place will know that Queen Mary, University of London is a regular host of events featuring the most extreme and disturbing of Britain’s hate preachers. It was at Queen Mary that CagePrisoners’ Asim Qureshi – who says jihad is “incumbent” on Muslims - told students that they had a legal right to fight jihad.

You will therefore be completely unsurprised to hear that a meeting of Queen Mary’s Atheism, Secularism and Humanism Society was cancelled last night afterthreats of violence from an Islamist fanatic.

The talk, entitled “Sharia Law and Human Rights” was to have been delivered by Anne Marie Waters of the One Law For All campaign. This is what happened:

Five minutes before the talk was due to start a man burst into the room holding a camera phone and for some seconds stood filming the faces of all those in the room. He shouted ‘listen up all of you, I am recording this, I have your faces on film now, and I know where some of you live’, at that moment he aggressively pushed the phone in someone’s face and then said ‘and if I hear that anything is said against the holy Prophet Muhammad, I will hunt you down.’ He then left the room and two members of the audience applauded.

“The same man then began filming the faces of Society members in the foyer and threatening to hunt them down if anything was said about Muhammad, he added that he knew where they lived and would murder them and their families. On leaving the building, he joined a large group of men, seemingly there to support him. We were told by security to stay in the Lecture Theatre for our own safety. On arriving back in the room I became aware that the doors that opened to the outside were still open and that people were still coming in. Several eye witnesses reported that when I was in the foyer a group of men came through the open doors, causing a disruption and making it clear that the room could not be secured. Unfortunately, the lack of security in the lecture theatre meant we and the audience had to leave and a Union representative informed the security that as students’ lives had been threatened there was no way that the talk could go ahead.

“This event was supposed to be an opportunity for people of different religions and perspectives to debate, at a university that is supposed to be a beacon of free speech and debate. Only two complaints had been made to the Union prior to the event, and the majority of the Muslim students at the event were incredibly supportive of it going ahead. These threats were an aggressive assault on freedom of speech and the fact that they led to the cancellation of our talk was severely disappointing for all of the religious and non-religious students in the room who wanted to engage in debate.”

http://hurryupharry.org/2012/01/17/islamists-threaten-humanists-at-.../

As people point out in the comments:

a) no evidence of police involvement (just like they Gay Free Zone stickers)

b) Queen Mary is the college where a couple of years back the muslim students barricaded themselves into the "multi-faith" room, refusing to share it with anyone else (must have been Kahanists).

c) a couple of years ago EDL approached OLFA to work together - the immigrant communists who run OLFA rejected the approach (for them any criticism of islam that is not done by ex-muslim communists is islamofauxbic).

The pathetic Left just whinge or enable the islamic take-over.  The only action that's seen the "islamisation" of England halted has been action by EDL and MosqueBusters.  Perhaps when the muslims have actually killed someone in OLFA, the middle-class will start looking to EDL to guard them when they try to exercise even moderate freedom of speech.

Views: 934

Replies to This Discussion

Well they wern,t doing anything wrong according to sahria law. Infact they were acting to defend their profit and religion, which is all very honorable. As we are a sharia compiant country people should be a bit more understanding. If they want to moan about peoples religious laws they should at least pick on a religion that won't fight back.  Maybe  OLFA should go take on the local methodists.

Joe i think when we get to the stage they start killing members of pressure groups we will have reached a tipping point..And i think that will only happen once the threats stop working. Although that doesn,t rule out a rouge indervidual killing someone. Thats nearly happened already.

But then thinking of that, we never really understood the threat from the IRA. We all carried on regardless. The media will make all the excuses required for any radical that takes it apon him/herself to murder.

After Communism, the ideology that has killed the most Christians in the 20th century is Islam.

Jeremiah 8:11-12

"They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. ‘Peace, peace,’ they say, when there is no peace. Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; …"

Communists and islam, you,d think they,d be friends. Still must be hard for the islamists, having a women speaking out against islam. And i think shes a lesbian, that must really get up their nose's.  But to be honest the level of threat was quite a step up, photo taking and direct death threats towards the speakers and their familys. Theres cctv at st marys. Lets see if the police take a look.  

The EDL are making a difference. How long before one of them is killed. Thats more my concern. Its not that long ago that Tommy was attacked. The radicals are inforcing islamic law on us. Still why shouldn't they. The UN will soon have a law stopping the defermation of islam. Soon we'll all have to shut up. Or be shut up!

"he added that he knew where they lived and would murder them and their families" - that is a clear criminal offence. Has this been reported to the police by anyone at any point? If not then probably not much point complaining about it.

Apparently the police were notified.  But the police were also notified about the Gay Free Zone stickers.  And they worked with the council, and the "local gay leaders" to hush the whole thing up.  Remember, the Left all rallied round and insisted the GFZ was all a "false flag" operation by EDL.  The police knew far more about the group who did it.  Instead one of their group was put forward as a patsy.   If there is not a huge fuss made in the media about what happened at QM, then expect the police and university to cover it up.

Steve Charls said:

"he added that he knew where they lived and would murder them and their families" - that is a clear criminal offence. Has this been reported to the police by anyone at any point? If not then probably not much point complaining about it.

This attempt at censorship via menace is also being taken seriously by the Richard Dawkins site - http://richarddawkins.net/articles/644630-worrying-developments-for... - though there is an islamo apologist trot type trying to make out it was nothing in the comments section.

We should get this story forwarded to as many people as possible, hopefully the newspapers will take it up and it might start getting at least a few liberal types raising doubts in their minds about their multi-cult appeasment policies.

It would be intresting to see if OLFA make an official complaint, after all their whole purpose is to expose the special treatment granted followers of Islam. OLFA really do need to take this opertunity to raise their profile.

Antony said:

This attempt at censorship via menace is also being taken seriously by the Richard Dawkins site - http://richarddawkins.net/articles/644630-worrying-developments-for... - though there is an islamo apologist trot type trying to make out it was nothing in the comments section.

We should get this story forwarded to as many people as possible, hopefully the newspapers will take it up and it might start getting at least a few liberal types raising doubts in their minds about their multi-cult appeasment policies.

Oh, it just gets better.  I would advise people to copy and paste any important comments that appear over on HP about this.  After a week or so, HP delete all comments.  It's probably because as left-wingers, re-writing history is second nature to them (they make no distinction between ideology and truth).

Lamia 17 January 2012, 9:56 pm 

The University’s security guard – a real gem –arrived first only to blame the speaker and organisers rather than those issuing death threats. He said: ‘If you will have these discussions, what do you expect?’ http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/01/if-i-hear-... The scumbag should be sacked. Probably a former police officer. 

Plenty of comments are of the variety: why didn't they beat him up.  HP is the very home of the keyboard warrior.  In disputes with them in the past, they've even said they don't believe in going to demos or taking physical action. 

KB Player 17 January 2012, 8:35 pm

@ Joe – yeah, I’d want to kick the little shit in the nuts. As I’m not physically capable of doing that I’d like to hear that somebody tried. At least they should have grabbed his camera phone and smashed it. If someone went bouncing into a mosque in a disruptive and threatening way I’d think the guys there would be within their rights to eject him with some roughness. 

Last year, an EDL member was stabbed by muslims outside ELM. His crime?  Inviting them to join EDL.  Last Saturday two people from EDL went to ELM and asked if they could come inside.  They were told they could, if they took off their shoes.  They complied, and once inside they were beaten up.

What can one say to the blinkered Left?  "Your chickens are coming home to roost" comes to mind.  A whole room of lefties was scared of a couple of muslims.  Meanwhile we've had disabled gay members of EDL walk alone into a lecture full of muslims and debate with them why sharia law is evil.  Douglas Murray went and lectured an entire room of islamic extremists about islam and homosexuality, and he pulled no punches. 

These uttter cowards (OLFA, NSS, Harry's Place) are doing a slow-hand clap as they march to the gallows.  

In May 2010, Harry's Place was all of a tizz about the impending Troxy conference, replete with jew-hating, gay-hating muslim fanatics.  They did nothing. Nothing! to stop it.  They wouldn't even plan a little demo outside of it.  Meanwhile it was the EDL -- and most profoundly, the EDL Jewish Division -- that got that stopped.  Those jews in EDL would have marched into that conference alone and attempted to stop it.  In fact, that's more or less what they did in the end (when it was relocated).  Some people here from 4F were also noble and brave that day.  God, how I hate the utterly gutless left.

Also gets a mention in Freethinker ; http://freethinker.co.uk/2012/01/18/muslims-murderous-threats-stop-... , OLFA et all really need to wake up and smell the coffee, they do some good work, but also waste time by producing anti EDL/BNP/SIOE reports and coming out with convoluted excuses as to why we should continue with mass immigration and not take military action against Iran, and despite having a feminist ethos, have never run any campaigns against female genital mutilation.

The Independent has picked up the story: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/man-threatens-students-a...

Here's another comment from the-home-of-the-keyboard-warrior that shows the gutless left know what the problem is:

Cipriano 17 January 2012, 11:47 pm The trouble is that the pass was sold here in 1989. Since then it has been tacitly (and sometimes not so tacitly) accepted that if Muslims threaten violence, that is the fault of whoever ‘provoked’ them to do it. We should have said loudly and clearly at the time of the Satanic Verses affair that in this country it is legal to say anything one likes about Mohammed and that the law will fully protect Rushdie and kindred spirits. Now it is extremely difficult to galvanise anybody in support of free speech, the dire precedents having proliferated so widely and predictably. 

They don't seem to realise that things are much, much worse now than in 1989.  In 1989 a committee of liberals set up a defense fund for Rushdie.  (http://www.kenanmalik.com/essays/spiked_fatwa_extract.html)  They would never do that now.  Tariq Ramadan knows that - when told that Rushdie had said that knowing what he did now, he would not write the Satanic Verses, the islamist stooge said "good".  They totalitarian fascists are given professorships at Oxford University, and have no shame, only pride.

The liberal left have already surrendered.  What we are hearing are the dying whimpers of the corpse.
http://www.brucebawer.com/reviews_surrender.htm

Twenty years ago most liberals defended Salman Rushdie’s right to publish The Satanic Verses despite the offence it caused many Muslims. Today, many argue that whatever may appear to be right in principle, in practice one must appease religious and cultural sensibilities because such sensibilities are so deeply felt. 

http://www.kenanmalik.com/lectures/rushdie_boi.html

The liberal-left have reaped what they've sown.  For a generation muslims have known they can use violence and intimidation, and for a generation the rest of us have come to expect it.  

In 2005 David Cameron said "islamists are nazis".  Now we have the British Ambassador in Egypt saying that they respect the democratic voice of the Egyptian people in voting for a Nazi-inspired islamist government.  (Of course, the EU doesn't respect the democratic voice of the Hungarians, because they don't have a tan and a nazi ideology). 

The same liberal-leftists who, after a few glasses of Chardonnay are slurring, "in 1932 I would have assassinated Hitler" are scared of a man with a mobile phone.   Amazing how much courage Chardonnay and a dinner table provide.

The liberal-left know we are in Germany in 1932.  But they are so scared of getting a bit of bruise or a bit of social disapprobation, they are burying their heads.

EV 18 January 2012, 12:40 am

[..] Being Atheist Hedonists, with no promise of an afterlife, and the object of your life being the maximizing of your personal pleasure….dying for minor infractions of your liberty just doesnt pan out on a cost-benefit analysis. They will appease away their freedom and liberty one small step at a time, and do the best that they can to enjoy what time they have on the planet. Let future generations fight for their rights if it becomes to egregious to endure…until then, no need to endanger your life much less your vacation for sexual debauchery down in Ibiza in a couple of months. 

Despite all their cant about "principles" and "struggle" and "liberty" and "oppositin", the truth is that they are prepared to leave it until crisis point before something is done.  Many of the commentators over at HP are scared of what people would say about them if they stood up to intimidating islamo-fascists.

The have surrendered the battle to the next generation.  And as the ex-leftist Pat Condell says, "we do not have the right to let our children inherit a future we would not want for ourselves". 

Talking to a politically-correct black lesbian student about the Rushdie Affair last week, she'd never even heard of him (nor did she know about the assassination of Pim Fortuyn).  (To give her credit, she was capable of forming independent opinions about the Stephen Lawrence case).  This lack of knowledge shows how a whole generation are totally unprepared for the battle that the liberal-left are knowingly bestowing on the future.

In the Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Napoleon, Marx said "history repeats itself - the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce".  Ironically, that is the very work that marxists use to explain the rise of Nazism.  They have learned nothing.  

At least I can see the funny side of a room full of hardened political activists being scared by a character straight out of "4 Lions".

Antony said:

Well, look on the bright side. Mr Angry from the Islamic Community probably gave the audience a better understanding of Human Rights under Islam that they would have done by listening to the scheduled speeches. He demonstrated most brilliantly that those who insult Muhammad can look forward to the death penalty.

So let Mr Angry rant away. For the more people who hear him, the better. He will shake at least some of the audience out of their complacency every time he turns up - and that can only be for the good.

Maryam Namazie's take on events ; http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/2012/01/18/guess-whose-me... , this certainly seems to have ruffled leftist feathers in the blogosphere, if it makes them start thinking about their beliefs thats a step in the right direction.

Just a small correction Joe:

[c) a couple of years ago EDL approached OLFA to work together - the immigrant communists who run OLFA rejected the approach (for them any criticism of islam that is not done by ex-muslim communists is islamofauxbic).]

It was us, the EDL JDIV - now JDL UK who approached the CEMB (Council of Ex Muslims of Britain) which is linked to the OLFA to offer our help and work together. Not the mainstream EDL. The corrupt admin at the time also tried to dampen our efforts with this project (no surprises there).  I went to a meeting with at least 10 of them last year and made the case for the EDL.  Their "excuse" for rejecting working with us was: We are fascists and nazis. Even though they knew I am Jewish and I was coming as JDIV, they kept the idiotic rhetoric.

At that point I thought that there was no point in working with such deluded and idiotic individuals. 

I rather have quality than quantity.  Only one of them was good enough to accept the help and still keep in touch with me. The rest were a bunch of weaklings. They just talk but do nothing. 

RSS

Page Monitor

Just fill in the box below on any 4F page to be notified when it changes.

Privacy & Unsubscribe respected

Muslim Terrorism Count

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

Mission Overview

Most Western societies are based on Secular Democracy, which itself is based on the concept that the open marketplace of ideas leads to the optimum government. Whilst that model has been very successful, it has defects. The 4 Freedoms address 4 of the principal vulnerabilities, and gives corrections to them. 

At the moment, one of the main actors exploiting these defects, is Islam, so this site pays particular attention to that threat.

Islam, operating at the micro and macro levels, is unstoppable by individuals, hence: "It takes a nation to protect the nation". There is not enough time to fight all its attacks, nor to read them nor even to record them. So the members of 4F try to curate a representative subset of these events.

We need to capture this information before it is removed.  The site already contains sufficient information to cover most issues, but our members add further updates when possible.

We hope that free nations will wake up to stop the threat, and force the separation of (Islamic) Church and State. This will also allow moderate Muslims to escape from their totalitarian political system.

The 4 Freedoms

These 4 freedoms are designed to close 4 vulnerabilities in Secular Democracy, by making them SP or Self-Protecting (see Hobbes's first law of nature). But Democracy also requires - in addition to the standard divisions of Executive, Legislature & Judiciary - a fourth body, Protector of the Open Society (POS), to monitor all its vulnerabilities (see also Popper). 
1. SP Freedom of Speech
Any speech is allowed - except that advocating the end of these freedoms
2. SP Freedom of Election
Any party is allowed - except one advocating the end of these freedoms
3. SP Freedom from Voter Importation
Immigration is allowed - except where that changes the political demography (this is electoral fraud)
4. SP Freedom from Debt
The Central Bank is allowed to create debt - except where that debt burden can pass across a generation (25 years).

An additional Freedom from Religion is deducible if the law is applied equally to everyone:

• Religious and cultural activities are exempt from legal oversight except where they intrude into the public sphere (Res Publica)"

© 2021   Created by Netcon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service